This exciting position in the Xilinx DC Storage IP and Solutions Engineering group as the lead solution validation engineer will provide the individual with an opportunity to demonstrate strong technical leadership in Xilinx next generation IP solutions. Join us in providing innovative IP solutions as we embark on our journey in providing world class IP solutions running on Xilinx All Programmable FPGA platforms
As a Lead Engineer you will work as part of a team responsible for productization of the solutions through validation. Lead engineers are expected to participate in providng inputs during solution architecture, solution certification and as well as new product exploration, evaluating emerging technologies, working closely with Product design teams
This position requires the individual to be creative, team-oriented, technology savvy, able to come up with real world use case scnearios for validating the solutions and ensure high quality solution delivery to customers and be the representative of the solutions for the customers
A major part of your responsibility will be to take a lead technical role in product qualficiation, validation cycle and customer support including:
- Understand product specifications and derive the validation plans
- Derive the product metrics (performance, latency etc.)
- Interact with test house and get the product certification
- Interact with internal stakeholder teams to plan the validation and release
- Ensure quality of the product release
- Be the first point of contact for customer per-sales engagement
- Provide feedback to next generation system architecture
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Ability to work collaboratively with other engineers and have good influencing and leadership skills
- Detailed understanding and proven track record of validating leading edge standard and proprietary high speed interfaces like PCIe, Ethernet
- Good understanding of system design aspects and its impact on performance and throughput
- Experience in system level validation and debug of system solutions
- Familiarity with electrical challenges that come with high speed link design
- Detailed knowledge of storage, networking and Ethernet protocols is a plus
- Experience with high speed link validation above 10Gbps line rate is a plus
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers about existing and new product directions and technology.
- Individual must work effectively with Director and Senior Director level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties.
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through leadership and influencing multiple individuals and groups.
- Contributes, explicitly or by example, to the standards and processes used by Xilinx or product development.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 8 years of experience is required.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical advice, leadership, and direction to more junior engineers.
Key areas of expertise:
- NVMe, RDMA based product validation
- PCIe validation