At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
The Xilinx Data Center Video team is looking for a Video Codec Architect.
Video Codec Architect responsibilities include:
• Designing and implementing next generation video codecs
• Integrating external processing modules with the video codecs
• Designing, developing, coding, testing, and debugging video compression algorithms
• Performing video quality assessments of internal and external video encoding solutions
• Coordinating with firmware and implementation teams
We are looking for a professional Video Codec Architect to be working with the Video algorithm team to improve and develop new video encoding algorithms for next generation video encoding products. An important part of the job will include a close cooperation with firmware, hardware and other teams to make sure the design is optimized for a production.
• Design and implement video encoding algorithms
• Design, develop, code, test, and debug video encoder reference models
• Review code and design
• Development of Video support tools and scripts
• Interface with other teams implementing the video algorithms
• 10 years of proven working experience in software engineering
• Master's or BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
• Extensive experience with compressed video formats (H264, HEVC, AV1, …)
• Extensive knowledge of video processing
• Solid programming experience in both C and C++
• Understanding and experience with machine learning based video processing
• Experience with CPU and ASIC based video encoding solutions
• Experience with Linux and Windows development environments (Visual Studio)
• Knowledge of scripting (batch, phyton, …)
• Experience with source control and defect tracking tools