At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Manufacturing Engineering Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Analyze and improve upon methods of new products and sustaining production testing by working with operations, conducting comprehensive research, interviewing suppliers and using information about the product and its processes.
- Create new ways of testing products by utilizing findings from research, knowledge of the product and equipment to meet and exceed company goals.
- Includes expanding innovations in robotics automation, handling and testing of semiconductor devices, AGV, and equivalent.
- Test sockets and equipment development to support: Advanced Chiplet and AoA packages.
- Knowlege in ATC, TCU, and thermal equipment, response times, and integration into equipment.
- Develop alternative methods of making manufacturing practices more efficient and cost effective; look at space constraints, material requirements and current needs in order to improve.
- Review quality standards of product handling to make sure there are no problems; test all materials used in semiconductor processing to analyze how each item exceeds set standards.
- Make recommendations to company leaders in order to have the best use of production timelines, equipment and supplies; give details about what the company’s manufacturing goals should be in the months or years ahead.
- Summarize all data, documentation and information related to the production systems in a detailed report for internal use.
- Maintain all company equipment in top working condition by scheduling all repairs, keeping up on recommended maintenance and diagnosing any issues that appear.
- Continue to develop professional expertise and proficiencies by periodically participating in classes, conferences and other developmental opportunities.
- Liaison with a team of machine operators, managers and product developers to ensure everyone is contributing to the common goal.
- Work to provide solutions to leadership when presented with manufacturing concerns.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
Years of Experience
- Experience with backend testing and handling of packaged devices; robotic handlers, lead/ball scanning and marking equipment, JEDEC standards, and ANSI/ESD 20.20 guidelines.
- Knowledge of CAD and engineering software.
- Mechanical simulation for sockets, heatsinks, and backplanes and stiffeners to be used with ATE and bench boards.
Xilinx is a US federal government contractor and subcontractor. As required by Executive Order, our US employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee's work location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination or have an approved accommodation by December 8, 2021.