At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Xilinx is looking for an experienced and versatile Field Applications Engineer with a background in FPGA development or applications support and a passion for solving complex challenges to provide technical support and guidance to telecommunications customers in Ottawa, Canada as part of Xilinx’s Wired and Wireless Group sales team in North America.
In this dynamic role, you’ll work directly with state of the art FPGA, SoC and ACAP products developed by the semiconductor industry’s leading adaptive computing company in close support and collaboration with some of the world’s leading telecommunications firms.
Job responsibilities span multiple areas and include:
Customer Training and Knowledge Transfer
- Provides on-site or on-demand problem-solving support for customer engineering to facilitate partnering (e.g., advises on block diagram, alerts to overlooked Xilinx features or functions, helps customer engineering maintain a big picture view of design)
Design Analysis and Optimization
- Assesses how the customer is using Xilinx technology and provides feedback for consideration by marketing or product development
- Ensures that customer utilization of Xilinx technology works as intended (e.g., facilitates testing, acts as interface to Xilinx, helps debug problems)
- Leverages understanding of known challenges to advise customer designers on the optimum use of Xilinx IP, tools and devices
- Leverages deep understanding of Xilinx IP, tool and device capabilities to recognize and advance differentiated solution opportunities
- Collaborates effectively with others in improvising or configuring standard technical Xilinx solutions to address unique customer challenges
Technical Opportunity Qualification
- Works consultatively within customer engineering to help qualify and advise on Xilinx solutions as early as possible within potential opportunities
- Understands the challenges of complex customer platforms and involves the right architectural and technical resources where deep analysis is warranted
Technical Sales Coordination
- Conducts convincing proof-of-concept (POC) demonstrations that incorporate customer IP, exhibit design examples, or establish benchmarks
- Works with Xilinx System Architects and Specialists to ensure accurate team communication of the strategic design overview guiding technical decisions
- Facilitates accurate, up-to-date competitive analysis and positioning
- BS or MS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar field
- 5+ years of experience with FPGA and/or ASIC including Verilog and/or VHDL coding and simulation/verification tools
- 7+ years of experience with FPGA and/or ASIC including Verilog and/or VHDL coding and simulation/verification tools
- Prior experience with Xilinx Vivado Design Suite
- Design experience using FPGA-based high-speed serial transceivers
- Design experience using high performance external memory interface controllers and protocols
- Industry experience with signal and power integrity concepts
- Knowledge of Telecommunications market requirements and architectures with emphasis on high-speed transport and networking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentations skills, and the ability to work with multiple groups
- Experience in a customer support or customer-facing role