At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
The Product Management Engineer position is in the FPGA implementation applications team, located in San Jose, for an experienced and motivated engineer to focus on tools specification, validation, documentation and key customers support. The successful candidate will work closely with both the Xilinx R&D team and one ASIC emulation customer on specific issues to improve Vivado implementation software quality of results, compile time and ease of use. Daily activities will include the following duties:
- Actively exploring innovative methodologies and their impact on flow and design practices
- Deep-diving on new and critical tool issues seen by customers to identify work-arounds and future enhancements
- Creating and tracking product development schedules and issues, and managing internal software development, as well as cross-functional projects with hardware, marketing and field support teams
- Interfacing with Senior Management, Quality, Tech Marketing and Application teams to ensure issues are resolved and corrective actions completed
- Developing and delivering training materials on new features and methodologies
- Authoring high quality documentation tuned to the needs of the reader for their areas of expertise
- Staying current with and proposing the internal use of industry approaches, algorithms, and practices
Education and Experience Requirements
BS or equivalent work experience in Electrical Engineering or similar technology area, with minimum 9 years of relevant experience
- Customer Awareness: Has excellent working knowledge of RTL-based design flows and expectations
- Product Knowledge: Has excellent working knowledge of the entire FPGA or ASIC design process and tool flow, with in-depth expertise in timing analysis and closure. Has expertise in: HDL, Tcl (or Python), Timing and Physical Design Constraints (SDC/XDC), synthesis/placement/routing/verification tools
- Design Enablement: Expert in design analysis, experimentation and methodology for timing closure and runtime reduction
- Problem Solving: Ability to handle and solve complex system level issues, internally and with tier-1 customers
- Technical Communication: Can simplify and communicate even the most complex subjects, making options, tradeoffs, and impact clear
Xilinx is a US federal government contractor and subcontractor. As required by Executive Order, our US employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s work location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination or have an approved accommodation by December 8, 2021.