At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
The System Software, Integration & Validation group plays a key role in the development of test systems and hardware for test & characterization of Xilinx’s advanced device families.
Our most recent project has been for the ground-breaking Versal Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), with ARM processing system and programmable logic.
We are looking for a Systems Design Engineer with a strong background in software to join the System-level Test team in San Jose. You will be involved in the silicon life-cycle from testing of emulated next-generation RTL through to silicon verification and characterization. You will have a view of the full system but also will become an expert in certain IP down to the register-level. We are looking for someone who can span the range of able to develop device drivers in software to debug on hardware.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enhance existing test software for system-level validation and verification of existing and new FPGA features.
- Work with multiple teams to drive system-level bugs to resolution.
- Design, develop, implement, test, and verify systems based on Xilinx FPGAs with embedded MicroBlaze or ARM processors.
- Provide feedback on architecture, use cases, IP design, tools, and documentation.
- Determine design approaches and parameters to build complete systems for emulation, verification, validation and benchmarking of new silicon features at a system level.
- Help to develop novel methods for system-level modeling and verification.
BS or MS in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering
- Excellent debugging skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in C and Verilog programming
- Experience with firmware or device driver programming.
- Experience understanding system use cases, determining requirements, and writing test specifications
- Experience working in a Linux environment, Python, and TCL scripting
- Experience with embedded systems and MicroBlaze or ARM architecture and assembly language
- A solid understanding of Verification / Validation Methodologies
- Emulation platform experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills
Years of Experience
2-7 years of relevant industry experience.
Xilinx is a US federal government contractor and subcontractor. As required by Executive Order, our US employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s work location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination or have an approved accommodation by December 8, 2021.