At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
This exciting position is in the Xilinx DCG Business group as the Smart Streaming Video Algorithm Lead, and provides an opportunity to demonstrate strong technical leadership in the next generation Video and AI solutions. Join us in providing innovative Video and AI/ML solutions as we embark on our journey in providing world class Video Solutions targeted for Data Centre for Xilinx All Programmable platforms
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will contribute and enable high-end Video Algorithms and Ref Model around HEVC, AV1, VVC etc. You will also be responsible for collaborating with multiple teams and external customers to build Reference designs that demonstrate Xilinx video and AI solutions. Staff Software Engineer are expected to participate in and lead all aspects of projects including new product exploration working closely with Product marketing managers, partners, end customers and creating application notes and technical blogs.
This position requires the individual to be creative, team-oriented, with strong technical expertise, able to lead complex products and willing to directly work with customers.
A major part of your responsibility will be to take a technical lead in all phases of the productization cycle from use case analysis through implementation, prototyping, validation and support including:
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Ability to work collaboratively with other engineers and have strong influencing and leadership skills
- Demonstrated industry experience in Video & AI solutions
- Experience in ML frameworks such as Keras, Tensorflow, Pytorch
- Experience with deep learning functions such as object detection, tracking etc
- Good understanding and proven track record of developing leading edge video codecs around VVC, AV1, HEVC, VP9, H264
- Model development and porting to Xilinx platforms
- Software and tools development in Python, C, C++ and other languages
- Experience with FPGA design and FPGA EDA flows a plus
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers about existing and new product directions and technology.
- Individual must work effectively with Sr Staff level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties.
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through strong technical expertise.
- Contributes, explicitly or by example, to the standards and processes used by Xilinx or product development.
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience is required.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electronics Engineering or Computer Science, a Master’s Degree or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop Video and AI Algorithms and Reference Model.