At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Reporting to Director of Functional Safety, the candidate will focus on ISO26262 / IEC61508 industry requirements and deliverables to plan and coordinate successful certification & industry adoption of Xilinx product technology solutions. The primary role is to identify gaps and build necessary processes for successful certification during our Semiconductor Product development & New Product Introduction (Electronic components, Software, & IP). The responsibility will be to engage across different departments to produce necessary work products and process improvements to drive functional safety requirements and deliverables to meet the milestones.
- Coordinate the creation of functional safety processes and documentation in accordance to ISO 26262, IEC 61508 and ISO 13849
- Drive and support engineering compliance activities according to Safety standards during all project phases (concept, product development, product design, development, validation, production, EOL)
- Applies basic understanding of industry standards (IEC61508, ISO26262, DO-254) to ensure product safety standards are met
- Review safety plans and processes to ensure compliance to ISO 26262, IEC 61508 and ISO 13849
- Provide guidance to Software & Tools teams on Functional Safety Industry requirements to ensure compliance
- Support internal & external Functional Safety process/product audits & certifications
- Demonstrates understanding of key quality management systems specifications and works to further the quality of the product and the implementation of the management system
- Drive continual improvement activities with cross functional teams to assess, develop, implement, and control product, software, and IP quality processes, procedures, key process indicators, release exit criteria, and other engineering development quality controls
- A teamplayer with the ability to work with tight deadlines in a multi-discipline, multi-project environment
- Direct experience with active functional safety (ISO 26262, IEC 61508 & ISO 13849) methodology & procedures
- Familiar with industry quality standards (i.e. ISO9001) requirements
- Desire to learn new skills and techniques and drive process improvements
- Knowledge in Systems, Software, IC Hardware Design, System on a Chip (SoC) and IP technologies
- Experience in Semiconductor Quality Management Systems, Quality Engineering or, Quality Assurance experience.
- Experience in developing quality management systems or functional safety processes
- Team oriented, self-motivated, dependable, and consistent with excellent networking and communication skills
- Proactive attitude, ability to analyze information, take initiatives and make decisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work in highly cross-functional and geographically dispersed organizations
- Job location in Xilinx’ Head Office in San Jose, CA, USA
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in IC Design Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Experience in functional safety (ISO26262 or IEC61508) preferred
- Experience with FPGA design tool, application development, Software (Vivado), of Xilinx IP implementation
Years of Experience
- 2+ year minimum experience of IC Design Engineering, Semiconductor, Quality Management Systems, or functional safety related disciplines