At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
We are looking for a seasoned technical manager to lead Wired and Wireless Group (WWG) North American Field Applications Engineer (FAE) team.
This role will provide technical leadership and guidance to the FAE team that focuses on design win strategies for communication customer opportunities, analyze customer needs, and compare and contrast Xilinx and competitive solutions in order to maximize the customer’s use of Xilinx products, collaborate with field and factory resources to develop and deliver technical proposals to customer project managers, engineering managers, system architects and design engineers. Also, this person will perform technical program leadership with account manager, program managers and customer engineering team to reduce program risks and accelerate production schedule on major customer projects. Engage with field and factory support resource coordination to ensure successful completion of major customers project.
The position will lead a team of FAE to:
- Provide technical guidance on Xilinx new product rollout and successful new product introduction in customer project development cycle. Work with Xilinx factory engineering teams to support various new product introduction programs/processes.
- Provide technical requirement and specific advance product needs from WWG NA customers to factory product planning and marketing teams. These product requirements will include DSP, Processor, system IO, IP and tools features in the new technology nodes and SW tools release.
- Work with customer engineering system architects and managers to map their application into Xilinx products with optimal use of silicon, tools, IP and SW features in order to acceleration customer product development cycle
- Perform product technical presentations, technical proposals, demonstrations or reference designs to customer engineering groups highlighting our features and advantages over the competitions
- Provide FPGA design and implementation support with in-depth Xilinx product features including DSP, Processor, System IO and implementation tools, help customer engineering teams to achieve best use of Xilinx product features in specific customer application
- Perform architecture/design/implementation reviews with customer engineers to reduce production risk and accelerate the development cycle with Xilinx products
- Assist customer engineers to identify system issue related to DSP, Processor, high speed IO and tools during product validation cycle
- Provide technical solution creation (e.g.: hardware, software demonstrations, example designs) and guide customers through their design process. Manage customer projects that span multiple regions/countries. Provide customer support and solve real time problems including software tool issues, RTL and simulation assistance, hardware lab debug, and embedded system bring up.
- Has 12+ year work experience
- Had technical leadership role with project technical management experience
- Have leaded the customer facing design win engagement team experience
- Able to work independently and excel in a collaborative environment
- Solid communicator, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer communication skills and solid customer engagement and support experience in semiconductor industry
- Bachelor or master Degree in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Some years of FPGA design or support experience is preferred
- Some years’ experience in telecommunication or other industries is preferred
- In-depth technical knowledge and can handling difficult conversations in a professional manner during customer meetings
- Can perform complex work involving a wide range of difficult problems. Exercise initiative, judgment and decision-making ability to select methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to these problems
- Use skills as a seasoned, experienced technical professional with an understanding of industry practices; resolves a wide range of issues using innovative way as well as practical method
- Open to hiring for remote locations