At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
We are looking for a Product Manager with a focus on competitive intelligence who will help to drive Xilinx’s competitive intelligence across our product portfolio.
The individual will be expected to have a true passion for and deep understanding of FPGAs and SoCs and the market spaces around each. This individual will be a strategic and tactical thinking and contributor who will help improve product roadmaps, product positioning, and sales effectiveness. Through deep technical research and product research, this individual will be expected to identify competitive advantages and opportunities for improvements, and train peers as well as management on recommendations for improving technologies and new technologies.
We see this position as being the go-to-expert on key competitors which will influence decision making and ultimately improve our competitiveness in the market.
Responsibilities include managing all aspects of competitive content (outbound and inbound) while working with factory stakeholders and by interfacing directly with customers and sales teams worldwide. This individual possesses unwavering customer focus, critical thinking capabilities, and excellent communication skills both written and oral. Sound business judgment and the ability to work as part of a high performance team in a fast paced environment with multiple cross-functional teams are critical for success. This position will include some travel for customer/field interaction.
- You will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with deep technical knowledge of the market, focused on specific competitors and their offerings; becoming the ‘go-to-expert’ for those vendors
- You will provide data-driven, impactful, and unbiased insights on Xilinx’s true competitive position based on primary and secondary research to increase Xilinx’s competitiveness
- You will track and report on major competitive announcements and build awareness of competitive dynamics including identification of emerging competitive threats and market trends
- You will ensure that current, accurate and relevant competitive intelligence is easily accessible to Xilinx, through competitive collateral, feature comparison matrices, and other deliverables
- You will conduct hands-on product evaluations to assess the strengths and weaknesses of Xilinx products against opposing products
- You will synthesize findings and support multiple teams, Product Marketing, Product Planning, Sales, Engineering, etc., with content, communications and positioning as well as product launch strategies derived from your analysis
- Involved in Key design wins – identify key differentiators, respond to RFQs and help sales close deals
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 10+ years semiconductor experience and 5+ years of sales or marketing experience in the semiconductor industry, with a proven track record
- Demonstrate customer empathy and experience in identification of customer needs as well as an understanding of customer focused design practices
Ways to stand out:
- Master’s degree in technical discipline or MBA is a plus, but not required
- Experience working directly with Field Sales, Sales Engineering, Product Marketing, and Product Management teams
- Knowledge of CPUs, GPUs, SoCs and FGPAs
- Development experience with CPUs, GPUs, SoCs or FPGA’s
- 3+ years of machine learning or deep learning experience