The company is looking for a high-energy, results oriented Global Supplier Manager (GSM) to assume responsibility for sourcing and managing our worldwide suppliers. The GSM will involve in all phases of sourcing requiring the skills necessary to secure capacity, identify cost saving opportunities, create competitive environments, creatively negotiate, generate contracts and manage delivery of optimal solutions.
We are looking for the following highly developed skills:
- Demonstrated commodity management expertise;
- Proven negotiation and facilitation skills;
- Analytical, data driven approach with an attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Understanding of quality systems and processes;
- Substrate and Assembly industry expertise; and
- Project Management Skills
We are a fast-moving organization where high achieving, self-directed individuals thrive. If you consider yourself creative cost saver, great negotiator and superb supplier manager, this position will allow you to exercise those skills to the fullest.
- Provide input to plans and strategies & make recommendations or provide input to the determination of financial goals.
- Identify ways and take action to reduce costs that are focused on creating greater efficiencies, economies of scale or better-quality resources.
- Coordinate work efforts of others to ensure integration and completion of work against expectations.
- Manage a project against a plan and objectives to ensure commitments are met by monitoring, assessing, and resolving variances in budget, timing or quality of work.
Function Specific Activities
- Influence suppliers’ manufacturing processes, technology decisions and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both company and supplier.
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply and exploit emerging opportunities
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models.
- Develop a negotiation strategy that delivers against business objectives and achieves sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Implement supplier agreements/contracts by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions.
- Work with internal cross-functioning team to analyze and determine the long-term capacity requirement and make the related arrangement with suppliers to secure the needed capacity in advance.
- Education: BA/BS/MS degree in Business or related technical field herein (but not limited to) the following: Industrial and/or management Engineering, Operations Research, Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain Management. Engineering Degree with MBA is preferred.
- Experience: with 10+ years in a Supply Chain, Operations, or Production/Planning.
- Data Analysis& Interpretation: Ability to convert general data and findings into applied, specific information and suggestions that add value to business planning.
- Forecasting Knowledge: Knowledge of and ability to make projections into the future (volume, financial statements, economic data, consumer preference, headcount, etc.) and use these projections to help plan future operations.
- Negotiation: Ability to influence and negotiate the optimal arrangement with internal groups and external suppliers.
- Persuasive: Demonstrates healthy and productive influencing ability. Builds constructive and effective relationships to gain the respect and confidence of others.
- Open Communication: Willingness to ask and honestly answer the tough questions. Treat other’s opinions with respect.
- Manage System and Process: Effectively uses systems and processes to measure, monitor, manage and impact performance.
- Business Relationship: Ability to facilitate and enhance the partnership with suppliers. Includes the ability to actively listen and engage in conversation with suppliers to uncover relevant information, resources and solutions.
- Project Management: Ability to manage projects to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria) to establish clear goals and accountabilities.
- Supplier/Vendor Agreements/Contracts: Knowledge of the legal terminology and language related to supplier and/or vendor agreements and contracts.
- Strategic & Operational Planning: Strong and adaptable thinker who can be both analytical and strategic and agile in the approach to rapidly changing conditions.