At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Xilinx is seeking a talented, motivated and self-driven FPGA design engineer to be part of the Data Center Group (DCG) networking group. You will be part of the team developing networking designs and solutions, including those targeted for the Xilinx SmartNIC solution.
The role involves work on all aspects of the FPGA design flow including architectural specification, test planning, RTL design, RTL verification, through synthesis and implementation to hardware and lab validation. The role is located in Longmont, Colorado.
- Works within a team to define innovative new products and ability to deliver high quality, complex projects on time
- RTL level design and debug in Verilog / System Verilog
- RTL level verification and debug in System Verilog / UVM
- End-to-end system level design of the platform including hardware, board, shell design and development
- Integration of hardware, FPGA IP, firmware and software to ensure they all work together
- Xilinx FPGA design, synthesis, implementation, timing analysis, design optimization
- Hands-on work involving board bring-up, debugging and validating designs over PCIe
- MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering and minimum 5 years relevant work experience or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 8 years relevant work experience.
Required Skills and Experience
- Define system requirements by working with architects, software and firmware teams to implement complete system level solutions
- Drive the planning, implementation, architecture and microarchitecture and verification of platform features
- Ability to lead a team and coordinate with multiple other teams to drive projects to completion
- Experienced in digital design and verification techniques and flows
- Experienced with FPGA design tool flows, synthesis, timing analysis, partitioning, FPGA programming, board and system hardware bring up and testing
- Knowledge of networking protocols, interfaces and standards like PCIe Gen3/4 and 100G Ethernet
- Scripting (TCL/Python/Perl, etc), basic knowledge of Linux environment
- Problem solving and debugging skills
- Ability to communicate technical information in an organized and comprehensible manner