At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Xilinx is looking for an experienced kernel/hypervisor (Xen, Linux, etc.) engineer to work out or our San Jose Headquarters, and possibly in EMEA. This role will work on cutting-edge Xen on ARM features with the upstream community. Xen on ARM is used to enable embedded use-cases, including static partitioning and real-time workloads, all the way to micro-virtualization for containers security.
Candidates should be comfortable working with the Xen hypervisor and the Linux kernel. Ideally, they have experience interacting with open source communities, and made upstream code contributions.
- design of new Xen on ARM features
- design and implementation of new virtualization components in the Linux kernel
Years of Experience
- BS with 5+ years of related experience or MS with 3+ years of related experience in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or related equivalent.
- expertise with the development of Linux, or Xen, or other hypervisors / operating system kernels
- experience in performing collaborative open source development projects and effectively interacting with members of open source communities is highly desirable
- self-driven and capable of self-learning