Xilinx seeks software manager to lead a team of high calibre firmware engineers working on the design and implementation of embedded firmware for the Xilinx SmartNIC networking platform.
This is an exciting role in the Xilinx Datacentre Group based in the Cambridge UK office. You will be part of a key engineering team developing software for next-generation networking for cloud and hyperscale data centre operators combining software defined networking, network and storage offload and hardware datapath customization.
The role will involve working closely with different teams both within the Cambridge office and more widely with Xilinx sites worldwide: working closely with the silicon team to refine the design and model the RTL, working with host driver teams to develop high performance network stacks and working with the system test to take products to release.
The ideal candidate will provide hands-on technical expertise, be able to quickly understand a complex hardware and software architecture as well as offer managerial leadership to tackle intricate system-level problems (both functional and performance related), understand developing schedules, coordinate the activities of the team and deliver software on time.
- Manage the team & lead cross-function engagement with key individuals in other teams.
- Responsible for all the phases of software development, from requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, testing and release to customers.
- Provide executive level status and communication on the project execution and deliverables.
- Responsible for working with customers and internal support teams to resolve critical customer escalations.
- Project planning activities – creating project plans/schedules, resource allocation, tracking, risk analysis and mitigation, customer delivery
- Motivate the team to deliver high quality products and on-time deliveries
- Do hands-on work as needed
- Provide direction in the design, implementation, documentation and testing of software code implementing product features and requirements
- Provide leadership with skills, tools and methods to advance the quality, consistency, and timeliness of Xilinx software products.
- 10+ years software experience (or equivalent) ideally working at silicon or networking companies plus repeated evidence of technical leadership in the successful delivery of complex and challenging software products
- Previous experience leading a team
- Ability to translate requirements into Engineering deliverables
- Thorough understanding of software development, test practices and release management
- Proven commercial experience developing in C
- Experience in debugging functional and performance issues
- Embedded systems ideally with extensive knowledge of system software and device drivers
- Experience of linux systems
- Experience of digital design (EDA tools, Verilog, VHDL)
- Understanding of server system architectures e.g. PCI-Express
- Knowledge of Ethernet & TCP/IP
At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable
Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people's lives
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.