At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Xilinx seeks an innovative thought leader to manage and lead a team of high calibre accomplished software engineers working on the design and implementation of Linux network device drivers for our next generation of 100G and SmartNIC adapters. The ideal candidate will provide hands-on technical expertise who can quickly understand a complex hardware and software architecture as well as offer managerial leadership to tackle intricate system level problems (both functional and performance related) with experience working on open source & Linux kernel technologies, understand developing schedules, tracking projects and delivering product on time.
- Manage the team & lead cross-function engagement with various stakeholders in the organization.
- Responsible for all the phases of software development, from requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, testing and final release to customers.
- Provide executive level status and communication on the project execution and deliverables.
- Responsible for working with customers and internal support teams to resolve critical customer escalations.
- Project planning activities – creating project plans/schedules, resource allocation, tracking, risk analysis and mitigation, customer delivery
- Motivate the team to deliver high quality products and on-time deliveries
- Do hands-on work as needed
- Provide direction in the design, implementation, documentation and testing of software code implementing product features and requirements
- Provide leadership with skills, tools and methods to advance the quality, consistency, and timeliness of Xilinx software products.
- PhD, Msc in computer science or a related discipline.
- 10+ years software experience (or equivalent) ideally working at silicon or networking companies plus repeated evidence of technical leadership in the successful delivery of complex and challenging software products
- Previous experience leading teams.
- Ability to translate requirements into Engineering deliverables
- Thorough understanding of good software development and test practices
- Thorough understanding of good software release management processes
- Proven commercial experience developing in C
- Direct experience with Linux kernel and virtualization development
- An expert level working knowledge of Linux systems
- Proven experience writing device drivers for the Linux kernel, performing upstream submissions a must
- Experience in debugging functional and performance issues
- Hardware/software co-design and understanding of server system architectures (e.g. PCI-express)
- Hardware & Peripheral Configuration, User-space applications, Bootloaders, Uboot
- Knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP, SDN and Filesystems.
- Knowledge of git and mercurial and some experience of working with the open source / Linux Kernel Community – submitting patches to the Linux Kernel Mailing List / equivalent would be an advantage