At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Xilinx has an opening for a Senior Functional Safety Design Engineer in the Functional Safety Technology Team. This team is responsible for designing methodologies as well as executing Safety Analyses for standards such as ISO26262 and IEC61508 for silicon products from Xilinx.
In this highly visible role, you will:
- Contribute to Functional Safety Methodology by publishing common design guidelines for all design teams
- Provide microarchitectural, design and verification guidance to design teams specific to their features
- Guide design teams through functional safety analysis (FMEA, DFMEA, FMEDA, DFA) and review the output
- Work with ASIC/SOC (Application-Specific Integrated Circuit / System-on-Chip) engineers to identify safety mechanisms to detect systematic faults and random faults
- Work with Firmware Engineers and Software Engineers to ensure software safety mechanism can detect random faults
- Work with production and quality teams to derive safety level analysis
- Support marketing on presenting product quality to major customers during product development and support customer development.
- Support Xilinx’s Central Engineering team to build functional safety while working with Tier-1 OEM and automotive manufacturing companies.
- Build Functional Safety specific IP (Microarchitecture, RTL, Design Review, Verification) to standardize implementation of hardware safety mechanisms
- Contribute to project planning by performing Scope/Schedule/Resources tradeoffs
- Represent Xilinx in Standard Committees
- Augment Functional Safety Methodology by architecting tools to aggregate all safety metrics of ISO-26262 and IEC-61508 to support Safety Certification
- Participate in build management
- Required Qualifications
- MS 2+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related equivalent
- Atleast 1 year of prior work experience in safety analysis including DFA, FTA, FMEA and FMEDA that led to certification
- Familiar with Functional Safety Standards ISO 26262 or IEC 61508 on semiconductors
- Experience in designing blocks for SOC and integrating IP into SOC
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of ARM architecture and AMBA Protocols such as APB, AXI, ACE, CHI
- Working experience with industry-standard EDA tools from Cadence, Synopsys or Mentor
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and precision
- Experience executing in parallel projects with rigid schedules
- Developed automation using scripting techniques such as PERL, Python or TCL
- Simulation and verification experience at block and chip level environment
- Desired Qualifications
- Development and verification through fault injection of Software Test Libraries for safety critical applications
- MBIST, LBIST, Scan, Scan Compression, ATPG and JTAG design
- Working in design teams distributed over multiple sites
- Post-silicon validation and debug experience
- FPGA knowledge and emulation experience
- Experience with Xilinx ISE or Vivado Design Suite