At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
As Field Application Engineer you will be a key member of the Core Vertical Markets (CMG) sales team in the Central-East (DACH) region of EMEA, acting as lead for Hardware & Software aspects of our key customers’ systems. An ideal candidate for this role will be an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual who wants to be on the cutting edge of SoC technology and proactively engaged with customers in pre- and post-sale activities on a daily basis. The Core Vertical Markets in the region include Automotive, Industrial/Scientific/Medical (ISM), Test & Measurement, and Aerospace & Defense.
Role: Field Application Engineer with focus on key Xilinx customers in DACH region (EMEA)
Location: Munich, Germany
Travel: Up to 50% travel may be necessary (non-COVID19 times)
- Drive and manage technical related initiatives & activities for key customers in alignment with the TSEs
- Develop relationships with and become trusted advisor to (system) engineers & architects in your assigned key accounts
- Provide technical leadership and guidance that focuses on design win strategies for all customer opportunities
- Drive technical part of strategy proposals for key programs at assigned customers
- Leverages understanding of known challenges to advise customer designers on the optimum use of Xilinx IP, tools and devices
- Manage technical support issues within customer base and collaborate/bring in technical specialists when required
- Ensures that customer utilization of Xilinx technology works as intended (e.g. facilitates testing, act as interface to Xilinx, helps debug problems)
- Provide on-demand (on-site) technical support, and help solve real time problems (e.g. software tool issues, RTL and simulation assistance, system bring up)
- Analyze and assess customer needs, and leverages customer training to influence technology preferences in favor of Xilinx solutions
- Collaborate with field and factory resources to develop and deliver technical proposals to customer project managers, engineering managers, system architects and design engineers that align with customers’ needs
- Provide regular feedback to Xilinx management and factory experts on the needs of the customer base for consideration by marketing or product development
- Lead with technical solution creation to show our value proposition (e.g.: hardware, software demos, example designs)
- Work with 3rd party ecosystem partners to support mutual beneficial custom solutions into the customer base where applicable
- A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent; Master's Degree preferred
- 10+ years of industry experience with FPGA-based architecture definition, design, and support (High Speed Serial IO, Embedded Processor, or DSP knowledge a plus)
- Fundamental experience with EDA tools for FPGA and ASIC designs. Experience with Vivado, ISE or Quartus required (ModelSim is a plus)
- Ability to identify a customer’s key care-abouts and thus contribute to overall sales strategy and success
- Knowledge of one or more customers' end markets listed above including their specific market requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written; fluent German and English required
- Strong presentations skills, and the ability to work with multiple groups
- Aptitude to communicate clearly at a high system and deep technical levels
- Organization skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and keep track of activities
- Team player with “can do” attitude
- Willingness to travel within Europe and to the US
- Automotive (OEM/T1) and Industrial market knowledge is a distinct advantage
- Experience in technical sales
- Experience on designing with Xilinx SoCs (Zynq7000, ZU+ MPSoC
- Knowledge of open-source Linux and Yocto
- Knowledge of embedded system design tools such as Xilinx’s IP Integrator, SDK and EDK tools, or Eclipse based software development environment
- Understanding of embedded processor systems & architectures (hardware-software partitioning, processor architectures, communication, boot process & security, and functional safety)
- Experience in C/C++ and Python programming
- Demonstrated capability for lab and system debug