Xilinx is looking for a professional Embedded Software Engineer to execute complete embedded software development lifecycles. The goal is to create scalable and optimized software systems as part of a larger video processing system.
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
- Design, develop, code, test, and debug embedded software
- Review code and design
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability, and scalability of system resources
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Support software QA and optimize performance
- Provide post-production support
- Interface with hardware design and development
- BSEE + 7 years of experience or MSEE + 5 years of experience in embedded software engineering roles.
- Proven working experience in embedded software engineering.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets.
- Solid programming experience in both C and C++ with an emphasis on modern C++.
- Solid experience with Linux as both a development environment and an embedded OS.
- Proven experience in embedded systems design running on bare metal.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
- Excellent knowledge of interfacing with hardware subsystems.
- Knowledge of video processing is desirable.