IP Design Solutions is an expert engineering team that is used by Xilinx to develop new technologies that will help Xilinx enter or excel in new or developing markets. In doing this, the team works very tightly with key customers in the target markets.
The position is for a staff design engineer that will work on design projects for Xilinx FPGAs. The scope of work will focus mainly on logic/HDL design on projects related to development of 5G wireless systems and compute acceleration. The person will work as part of a team, lead, coach and mentor colleagues during project execution. The person is expected to deal and interact with customers on a regular basis. The person will be expect to work to a high quality development process and where possible and when necessary lead change and improvements to this process.
The candidate must meet some or all of the following requirements:
- Minimum of 8 years of design and development experience, preferably in a customer facing role
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in FPGA VHDL and/or Verilog design, Xilinx technology and tools, FPGA verification and test
- Experience in writing technical documentation, including Requirement/Design/Test Specifications, Test Plans and User Guides
- Experience in HW testing, including working with test equipment – logic and traffic analysers, test generators etc.
- Some experience in Perl/Python scripting
- Capability in defining innovative new products that solve real world problems or track record of delivering high quality, complex projects on time
- Ability to communicate technical information in an organised and understandable fashion
- Ability to work within a team
- Must be capable of demonstrating problem solving, debugging and organisation skills
- Top class Electronic Engineering qualification, Degree or Masters in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering
- Track record of high academic achievement
The following is a list of skills and experiences that are very desirable but non-essential:
- Project Management of projects involving 5 or more engineers, lasting 6 months or more
- Ethernet and packet processing
- Wireless applications at layer 2 and below, e.g. baseband or radio
- C, microprocessors and embedded systems and Software/Firmware design
- Ph.D. or similar research experience