At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Xilinx is looking for a talented, self-driven and motivated Cloud Storage Administrator to be part of the Xilinx Global operations (GOPS) storage team. The storage team maintains business operations infrastructure for enterprise applications.
Being a member of storage team requires the passion and motivation to solve challenging technical problems with attention to details and processes. Our infrastructure is built around highly available storage systems by Netapp, EMC and Veritas technologies supporting production, development, engineering and test environments.
In this team, members are routinely involved in all aspects of infrastructure maintenance: design, testing, implementation, and productization. The team is dynamic and fast paced offering each of its members tremendous personal opportunity to grow their knowledge and skills in complex problem solving, cloud applications and cloud infrastructure.
• This role will play a critical part in company’s hybrid cloud journey
• Experience in installation, configuration and maintenance of storage/backup and associated network hardware
• Expert knowledge and experience with Amazon web services (AWS) capabilities such as IAM, EC2, EBS, Cloudwatch etc.
• Strong experience working on Cloud based storage (AWS S3, Glacier, Datasync etc), architecting cloud storage solutions, configuration and troubleshooting issues in cloud infrastructure
• Good experience in modern technology like Container, Kubernetes, Git/Jenkins. Ability to architect solutions based on containers and container management platforms like kubernetes.
• Ability to write automation code for provisioning or simplifying infrastructure at scale
• Exposure to NetBackup software on UNIX / Linux as well as Windows systems. Must be able to manage NetApp recovery methods for storage volumes including snapshots, snapvaults and snapmirror.
• Work with development teams to make sure applications are designed for the infrastructure and scalability/reliability/security is designed and implemented from the start.
• Skills to roll up the sleeves to troubleshoot incidents, formulate theories and narrow down possibilities to find root cause.
• Regular tape and disk drive management to keep the storage/backup operations running without any adverse impacts to operations.
• Create and publish monthly KPI reports. Perform other scheduled monthly or quarterly audits like storage efficiency audit, backup audits etc.
• Monitor ServiceNow cases for the team and remediate cases within agreed upon SLA period.
• Routinely engage with industry vendors and find ways for simplifying or improving current infrastructure. Conduct POCs with new products wherever warranted
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Strong development/automation skills. Must be comfortable in writing Python/Ansible code
• Hands on experience in building modern infrastructure to support fault tolerant and scalable applications
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in IT
• Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills and experience working in team environments
• Preferred experience: Containers, kubernetes, Splunk, Python, Git/Jenkins
• AWS certification a plus