At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world’s first 5G networks, we empower the world’s builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people’s lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters – world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
As a Product Applications Engineer, you will be working directly with customers on a daily basis to enable their success using Xilinx products. You will also be partnered with other organizations in the company, including Marketing and Engineering, to ensure we improve existing products and develop future products that fit customer needs with high quality and ease of use.
- Developing understanding of customer flows and expectations, and can provide pre and post-sales support with guidance.
- Has understanding of the entire FPGA design process and tool flow, with expertise in at least one technology area.
- Seamlessly integrates foundational semi-conductor knowledge with specific knowledge of Xilinx IP, tool, and device functionality to enhance technical sales support
- Clearly identifies and prioritizes where Xilinx technology can cost-effectively make the most significant contribution to the achievement of customer goals or resolution of customer challenges
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked, when the situation requires it.
- Does more than what is normally required in a situation.
- Takes independent action to change the direction of events.
- Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives and achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Identify and supervises Supportability projects
- Creates supportability reports on Technical Support case and knowledge metrics to influence development and marketing
- Reports customer issues to factory outside of CR filing through monthly Case reviews or Issue Case studies
- Provide assistance and the customer perspective within Factory.
- Can simplify more complex subjects and make them understandable. Can get points across to other groups, and understand their needs. Can prepare and present good presentations for technical audiences in their area of expertise.
Technical Communication and Training
Experience in the following preferable:
- FPGA Design experience using Xilinx tools
- IP Protocol knowledge including: PCIe, Ethernet, Video connectivity, Memory Interfaces
- Experience working in Data Center Acceleration design
- Data Center applications such as Machine Learning and Video Codecs
- Linux, drivers, and embedded runtime SW
- System Level Debug experience
- BS in CE/EE/CS or related field + 7 years of experience, OR MS in CE/EE/CS + 5 years of experience.