DescriptionXilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
We are seeking an experienced Staff Network Engineer to join our Global IT Network team. This is a permanent position and is primarily responsible for the performance, administration and coordination of network operations; project delivery & troubleshooting network problems to deliver best in class customer service. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, enthusiastic, have good organizational, communication and project skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines, problem solve, multi-task between operations and project-based activities.
Install, configure and support LAN, WAN, Wireless and Telephony communications systems in a large enterprise and factory environment for a global corporation.
Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex and advanced regional networking/telephony problems and coordinate with vendors around WAN & LAN fault resolution.
Apply expertise in the use of IT-related technology, processes, and best practices in support of IT solutions.
Proactively build functional / technical knowledge by taking on increasingly complex challenges resulting in the ability to quickly analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex and advanced networking problems and coordinate with vendors and service providers for fault isolation.
Ensures rigorous quality control through change management and provisioning of detailed documentation including as-built diagrams, system and network designs, and written recommendations to customers.
Provide technical and networking administrative day to day support by taking ownership of escalated issues from 1st and 2nd line of support.
Work with Network and Telecom vendors in the APAC region for preparing BOMs for projects and maintenance contract renewals. Monitor vendor performance and provide feedback and recommendations to global team when necessary.
Prioritizes and drives quality and continuous improvement delivering Data Center, Campus LAN & WAN in a large enterprise environment with global scope.
Defining the scope, schedule, and budget of network related projects and managing the execution of these projects.
Maintain business-critical systems by participating in a global high-performance team delivering operational support, implementing key project initiatives and coordinating network maintenance activities.
Supports and actively participates in the skill building of team members.
Participates in on-call rotation to provide after-hours support.
Skills (Job Requirements)
· 10+ years’ experience with large enterprise level LAN, WAN and WLAN infrastructure
· Prefer advanced degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
· Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) preferred or equivalent
· Demonstrates advanced understanding of multiple Cisco operating systems (NxOS/iOS)
· Expert level knowledge & expert level troubleshooting experience in networking technologies:
o Dynamic IP routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP BGP, VRFs)
o QOS, STP, HSRP, VPC, Etherchannel, IPSec, Multicast
o All routing, switching & firewall gear in the Cisco Enterprise portfolio including Catalyst, Nexus, ASA, ASR and ISR platforms
o Load balancing & iRules in F5 LTM
o Riverbed Steelhead/Interceptors
· Experience with Cloud Deployments, AWS, Azure, and SaaS environments, proficient with deploying network functionality in the cloud and specifically related to SD network deployments preferred.
· Experience with demonstrated skills in Cisco CUCM (Call Manager) required.
· Knowledge in Cisco UCCX (Call Center) a plus.
· Advanced experienced in the use of Network management and Monitoring tools for troubleshooting, capacity planning, performance management and lifecycle reporting.
· Experience in Aruba Wireless networking & IP telephony desired
· Must exercise good judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
· Must be a self-starter, have good organizational and project management skills with strong follow-up
· Must have exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills to effectively interact with all stakeholders
· Must be creative and have initiative.