AI & DSP Specialist FAE
As AI & DSP Specialist FAE you will be a key member of the communications sales team in Europe, acting as lead for AI/ML applications as well as signal processing aspects of our key customers’ systems. An ideal candidate for this role will be an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual who wants to be on the cutting edge of ML and 5G technologies and proactively engaged with customers in pre and post-sale activities on a daily basis.
Location: Finland; alternative locations in Northern Europe could be considered
Travel: Up to 50% travel may be necessary
· Specialist FAE with focus on communications customers in EMEA
· Provide architectural recommendations to satisfy customers’ requirements with regards to overall system performance
· Extend pre and post-sale support to customers and generalist FAEs
Entails everything from early opportunity exploration through to addressing tools issues: benchmarks, Proof-of-Concepts, performance optimizations, system partitioning, modification of reference designs, targeted trainings, etc.
· Conduct workshops and deliver presentations around Xilinx embedded technologies and methodologies
· Work with internal marketing and developments teams to guide future product direction and address short-term solution gaps
· Develop relationships with and become trusted advisor to system engineers & architects in our key accounts
· Work with 3rd party ecosystem partners to support mutual customers
- Degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent scientific discipline with high level expertise in algorithmic & mathematical techniques for digital signal processing
- 10+ years’ experience in FPGA/ASIC/DSP development
- Knowledge of the implementation of digital signal processing functions and systems within FPGAs: Fixed-point, floating-point arithmetic, Sequential, pipelined, super sampling rate architectures
- Experience of signal processing in wireless communications applications: Filtering, adaptive filtering, Up/Down conversion, FFT, Synchronization algorithm, AGC
- General DSP knowledge: Image/video processing, Resampling, PID, Kalman filtering, tracking algorithms, Detection, Estimation
- General AI knowledge: Frameworks: Caffe, Tensorflow, Keras, Learning, Testing, Inference
- Expert in C/C++ and Python programming
- Experience in Matlab/Simulink
- Ability to identify a customer’s key care-abouts and thus contribute to overall sales strategy and success
- Experience from technical sales a distinct advantage
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills, verbal and written; fluent English required
- Aptitude to communicate clearly at a high system and deep technical levels
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and keep track of activities
- Team player with “can do” attitude
- Willingness to travel in Europe and to the US
Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!