Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
We are seeking an experienced Senior Staff Network Engineer to join our Global IT Network team. This position is primarily responsible for the performance and coordination of network operations; troubleshoot network problems balanced with best in class customer service.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, enthusiastic, have good organizational and project skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines, problem solves, multi-task between operations and project-based activities.
- Manages projects across all areas of responsibility by taking ownership and leading network projects of regional and global nature to appropriately scope and implement the deliverables while ensuring solid integration to operational environment..
- Applies expertise in the use of IT-related technology, processes, and best practices in support of IT solutions.
- Prioritizes and drives quality and continuous improvement in delivering Data Center, Campus LAN & WAN in a large enterprise environment with global scope.
- Proactively builds functional / technical knowledge by taking on challenges resulting in the ability to quickly analyze, troubleshoot, resolve complex and advanced networking problems by coordinating with vendors and service providers for fault isolation.
- Designing network topologies based on new business requirements.
- Defining the scope, schedule, and budget of all network related projects and managing the execution of these projects.
- Ensures rigorous quality control through change management and provisioning of detailed documentation including as-built diagrams, system and network designs, and written recommendations to customers.
- Maintain business-critical systems by participating in a global high-performance team delivering operational support, implementing key project initiatives and coordinating network maintenance activities.
- Supports and actively participates in the skill building of team members.
- Participates in on-call rotation to provide after-hours support.
10+ years’ experience with large enterprise level LAN, WAN and WLAN infrastructure.
Advanced degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience - preferred
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) preferred or equivalent.
Demonstrates advanced understanding of multiple Cisco operating systems (NxOS/iOS).
Expert level knowledge & expert level troubleshooting experience in networking technologies:
- Dynamic IP routing protocols (OSFP, EIGRP, BGP, VRF's)
- QOS, STP, HSRP, VPC, Etherchannel, IPSec, Multicast
- All routing, switching & firewall gear in the Cisco Enterprise portfolio including Catalyst, Nexus, ASA, ASR and ISR platforms
Load balancing & iRules in F5 LTM
Advanced experienced in the use of Network management and Monitoring tools for troubleshooting, capacity planning, performance management and lifecycle reporting.
Experience in Aruba Wireless networking desired.
Must exercise good judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Must be a self-starter, have good organizational and project management skills with strong follow-up.
Must have exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
Must be creative and have initiative.