Xilinx is offering an exciting internship position for a talented Software Engineer to work on embedded emulation opportunities in the Systems Software team at the Xilinx headquarters in San Jose.
You will be involved in the development of Virtual Emulation Platform Solutions based on Open Source Projects such as QEMU to support Xilinx Multi-processor environment.
In this capacity, you will be working directly with some of the key open source maintainers both here at Xilinx.
Your work will directly impact Virtual Emulation Platforms for current and next-generation silicon products, You will work across all aspects of system software development, test & verification and integration of embedded software running on our SoCs.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in one or more of the following:
• Strong C / C++ programming
• Have worked or used virtual platforms (e.g. QEMU)
• Prior experience with Linux kernel, System Software or Embedded software
• Multi-processor environment & deep processor architecture experience
• Knowledge of and experience with Containers, Virtual Machines
• Knowledge of Virtualization Technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, OCI)
• Understanding and experience with Hypervisors (Xen, KVM)
• Intrinsic knowledge about Open Source Linux kernel development & Linux internals
• Previous experience with developing embedded software solutions
• Experience with using GIT
In addition, the ideal candidate will have good oral and written communication skills, be a team player, be willing to take on new challenges, have an open mind and be willing to contribute to the success of every project.
• BS in CE/CS with 0 years of experience OR
• MS in CE/CS with 0 years of experience