At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world’s first 5G networks, we empower the world’s builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people’s lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters – world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Xilinx is seeking a Circuit Design Engineer who will be part of a design team focusing on development of analog and mixed-signal circuits to be used in the next generation of FPGA and programmable products. The position will focus on circuit designs to be used within IOBs and PHYs.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Design custom analog, digital and mixed-signal CMOS circuits in advanced technology nodes taking into account process variations and secondary process effects.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of process technology and circuit capability in implementing circuit design
- Guide and review layouts of designed circuits
- Support silicon characterization by both, collecting data hands-on in the lab and by reviewing data gathered by product/test engineers using automated testers.
- Exercise solid analytical problem solving in troubleshooting design issues
- Work efficiently and with agility to implement designs using scripts and automation to speed the design process
- Hold peer reviews of designs or methodologies to accommodate corrections, changing requirements, or new features
- Accurately document and effectively communicate the rationale for a design
- BS with 8+ yrs or MS with 6+ yrs or PhD with 3+ yrs of experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related equivalent
- Experience or coursework in analog circuit design or custom digital circuit design
- Experience or coursework that included study of mask layout of circuits with attention to details that effect circuit performance, matching requirements and reliability.
- Experience or coursework project that used Sprectre, Hspice or any other Spice simulator
- Experience or coursework project that used CAD tools needed for circuit design such as schematic capture, layout editing, etc
- Demonstrable ability to write simple scripts in Python, Perl
- Familiarity with circuits used in CTLEs, FIR Drivers, Amplifiers, Bias blocks.
- Experience in using laboratory equipment such as Oscilloscope, signal generators, etc