Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
The DevOps team in Xilinx is seeking an experienced Software Engineering manager to lead our Build and Release Team. This team is responsible for designing, implementing, deploying and maintaining a continuous build and integration infrastructure. We believe our build and deployment pipeline should provide high quality and fast delivery of features to users. Xilinx is seeking to hire a manager that can help provide focus with this broad mission and work with the team to execute on the highest impact initiatives.
BS/MS in CS/CE or equivalent with 12+ years in the industry including management experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a collaborative team in multiple geographies to creatively solve challenging problems within tight deadlines
- Experience in Build Operations and up to date on best practices within the continuous integration and deployment ecosystem
- Strong organizational skill and ability to resolve conflicts and make rapid decisions
- High competency with automation scripting and programming languages (i.e., Python, Perl, Bash).
- Manage multiple products/release cadences with source control branching strategies, taking into account CI/CD pipeline and automation.
- Must be a self-starter with proven ability to effectively build and manage a team, deliverables and schedules.
- Identify staffing needs, find resource, and manage geographically distributed CI/CD DevOps engineering team.
- Lead CI/CD DevOps practices including definition of processes, metrics, tools selection and automation.
- Deliver key DevOps initiatives including planning and team organization and execution.
- Develop CI/CD pipeline and automate all aspects of the SDLC.
- Ensure standardized, mature change management and release management processes and automate deployment and maintenance procedures using industry-standard scripting languages.
- Configure and tune an enterprise monitoring and instrumentation system(s) to efficiently detect existing issues and predict future issues based on trends.
- Analyze performance for capacity planning on all development applications and systems.
- Rapid response to troubleshoot and triage production issues.
- Analyze processes, recommend improvements, and write process documentation.
- Ability to work as part of an agile development team.
- Source Code Management (Perforce, Git) and build automation systems (Jenkins, Buildbot)
- Experience with Linux packaging methodologies and tools (RPM, Deb, Apt, Yum, etc.).
- Experience with RDBMS (MySQL, MS SQL) and NOSQL Database or related technologies.
- Experience with Containers/Micro-services as it pertains to Continuous Integration and deployment.
- Proficient with Cloud and Virtualization technologies and their APIs