Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Xilinx Inc., is seeking a Development Operations (DevOps) Engineer to work in the DevOps Infrastructure team that supports the Software and IP Division.
The DevOps Infrastructure team's primary objective is to provide a highly productive, best-in-class development environment that supports the engineering activities of 600 employees across multiple sites worldwide.
This role will be responsible for managing internal productivity applications and supporting the engineering development environment.
- Administration, Support, and troubleshooting of developer and user facing applications including: source code management systems, documentation and collaboration tools, environment configuration systems, and metric and logging database stacks.
- Implementing infrastructure automation, metric collection, and actionable reporting to drive data driven decisions.
- Direct support for both internal and 3rd-party tools used by internal Software and IP engineering teams. This includes improving and developing processes and best practices, maintaining documentation of the development environments.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BS/MS in CS/CE or equivalent experience with 7+ years industry experience.
- The successful candidate has a positive growth mindset with ability and desire to learn new technology and understand abstract concepts.
- Demonstrated capability to debug complex or abstract environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including experience working across organizational boundaries and multiple geographies.
- Working knowledge of compute infrastructure and dependent technologies in lab and enterprise scale ( servers, local and network storage, LAN/WAN networking)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Linux shell scripting, Linux shell tools, and Python programming.
- Automating workflows with tools and languages such as Jenkins, Python, GIT, Perforce, BASH, Linux shell tools and third party API's.
Experience in closely collaborating with members of the Engineering community to resolve issues that impact productivity.
Develop and implement processes that will be used by Engineering and partner teams within Xilinx.
- The following experience is desired but not required: Atlassian Confluence, FishEye+Crucible, Slack, GitHub Enterprise, Graphite, Elastic Search, Grafana, Jenkins and related technologies.