Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
GOQ Automation Tools EngineerBusiness Process
- Maintains expertise in one process/functional area and is seen as a SME by the users in that area
- Acts as an extended member of different departments and advises on automation opportunities
- Refines requests for automation to properly balance execution vs. process sub-optimization
- Advocates for different groups' needs when reviewing new automation requests and designs
- Leads projects as the project manager
- Develops and owns project schedules and tasks based on bottom-up task analysis
- Regularly assesses milestones and risks. Where warranted, suggests alternatives or mitigations
- Develops communications and metrics for stakeholder management and operational reporting
- Escalates project risks and issues to management with recommendations
- Prioritizes and drives quality and continuous improvement throughout the project lifecycle
GOQ Software EngineerTest Enablement (SW Tools & Methods)
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of all as-is business requirements for specific areas of responsibility
- Proactively engages with users to identify and deliver against new automation opportunities
- Researches and critically assesses external industry best practices as input to process re-engineering discussions
- Proactively identifies and delivers solutions that reduce development and support costs
- Capable of leading or developing a single project in its entirety
PPG Software EngineerIntegrated Product Design Acumen
- Exhibits solid knowledge about the most appropriate software development procedures used at Xilinx
- Exercises proficient use of the programming language pertinent to desired applications
- Exercises profound application domain knowledge relevant to specific applications (e.g., data base application development, EDA tool development)
- Exercises a modicum of FPGA-specific knowledge in building applications
- Optimizes the algorithms used in testing tool performance and assessing results
Iterative Software Development and Testing
- Develops and demonstrates a broader understanding of customer usability and how software and hardware features must come together seamlessly to enhance customer experience
- Seeks out product architects and collaborates effectively with peer teams to ensure, in all assigned projects, seamless integration of features and/or silicon device support
Software Enablement (Tools & Methods)
- Formalizes software specifications (if required) to ensure accurate implementation of assigned features
- Independently develops code to implement assigned features of low-moderate complexity, working with appropriate stakeholders to ensure the implementation satisfies the feature requirements
- Collaborates with the software test and applications teams to ensure adequate test coverage for assigned features
Software Process Adaptation and Optimization
- Fully self-sufficient in software development concepts and methods, coding and scripting languages, and build, analysis and debug tools required in area of responsibility
- Develops ability to leverage these skills in the architecture and design of software modules (in addition to implementation only)
- Expands understanding of all development tools and methods deployed within the software organization, beyond immediate area of responsibility. Is able to adapt and improve methods as required
PPG/CTO Software EngineerRequirements Assessment and Prototyping
- Demonstrates flexible adaptability in working with still maturing, generation-dependent software development and testing methods
- Adopts and applies Xilinx formal, cross-COE process innovation to facilitate standardization and advance efficient time-to-market practices (e.g., Synch-based development process)
SharedTest Pattern Development Engineer
Test Program Development Engineer
- Critically assesses product requirements in assigned area of responsibility with respect to feasibility and schedule and engages with stakeholders to iterate and refine
- Actively monitors and responds to changing product requirements throughout the requirements lifecycle
- Develops implementation proposals for low to moderate complexity features. Vets and contributes to the proposals of others
- Executes independently to develop mock-ups or requirement prototypes for features of low to moderate complexity. Can effectively articulate these to relevant stakeholders
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar field with 8+ years' experience, or MS Degree with 6+ years' experience.
Software engineering background.
Python, PERL or Shell scripting experience required.
Database knowledge and exposure to Bigdata database like Elasticsearch is required.
Frontend web development experience with any MVC framework required.
Working knowledge in source control concept is must on any industry standard version control software.(eg: Perforce, Github)
Understanding on software build process is a plus.
Exposure to Vmware, AWS and cloud computing is a plus.
Experience in Xilinx tools and devices is added advantage.
Highly motivated and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills