Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
Xilinx is looking for a talented individual to join the Communications Signal Processing (CSPG) team in the position of Embedded Software System Architect. This team develops high performance and cost effective digital front end (DFE) Radio technologies for 4G and 5G base stations, and DOCSIS RemotePHY applications using Xilinx advanced RFSoC and Versal silicon platforms. As Embedded System Design Engineer, you will have the opportunity to architect and design DFE software solutions which are critical to Xilinx’s growth in sub-6GHz and mmwave 5G and cable communications applications.
- Architect, design and test the embedded software stack for DFE solutions
- Optimizing the solution for performance and scalability across Xilinx SoC and ACAP devices
- Developing Linux (Petalinux, Yocto and/or other commercial OS) based software solutions
- Developing Bare Metal as well as Asynchronous Multi-processing design solutions
- Candidate will participate in different phases of a project, including architecture, system design, coding, unit testing, integration and maintenance and customer support
- Create internal and external facing detailed documentation (micro-architecture design documents, test specifications, test reports, user guides, etc.)
- Responsible for working with customers and internal support teams for resolving critical customer escalations on need basis.
- Work with management team on project planning activities – creating project plans/schedule, risk analysis and mitigation, etc. for the projects you are working on.
- PhD EE, PhD CS, PhD CE or related equivalent with 5 plus years of professional relevant experience or, MSCS, MSCE, MSEE or related equivalent with 8 plus years of professional relevant experience or BSCS, BSCE, BSEE or related equivalent with 12 plus years of professional relevant experience.
- Strong C++ programming skills are mandatory; knowledge of Matlab and Python would be an added advantage
- Experience with Embedded systems and Linux kernel/driver development for multi-processor heterogeneous systems is mandatory
- Understanding/Experience with Linux heterogeneous memory management, multi-processor synchronization and communication.
- Experience working on signal processing/communications solutions is highly desirable
- Experience working with Xilinx SoCs is highly desirable
- Experienced in VHDL/Verilog programming is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience creating internal and/or customer facing detailed documentation