Description At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world’s first 5G networks, we empower the world’s builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people’s lives.
With the exponential growth in AI inference deployment, the state of the art in AI models are rapidly evolving and will continue for the foreseeable future. Domain-Specific Architectures are required for efficient AI inference. Only adaptable hardware platforms can provide efficient DSAs for the latest AI models. The Xilinx AI software platform makes Xilinx’s adaptable hardware accessible to all software and AI developers by providing a familiar programming interface and comprehensive libraries. The result is Real Time AI Inference up to 4X faster than GPUs and 10X less power than CPUs.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters – world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Xilinx is looking for a talented individual to join the Communications Signal Processing (CSPG)
team in the position of Embedded Software System Architect
. This team develops high performance and cost effective digital front end (DFE) Radio technologies for 4G and 5G base stations, and DOCSIS RemotePHY applications using Xilinx advanced RFSoC and Versal silicon platforms. As Embedded System Design Engineer, you will have the opportunity to architect and design DFE software solutions which are critical to Xilinx’s growth in sub-6GHz and mmwave 5G and cable communications applications.
- Architect, design and test the embedded software stack for DFE solutions
- Optimizing the solution for performance and scalability across Xilinx SoC and ACAP devices
- Developing Linux (Petalinux, Yocto and/or other commercial OS) based software solutions
- Developing Bare Metal as well as Asynchronous Multi-processing design solutions
- Candidate will participate in different phases of a project, including architecture, system design, coding, unit testing, integration and maintenance and customer support
- Create internal and external facing detailed documentation (micro-architecture design documents, test specifications, test reports, user guides, etc.)
- Responsible for working with customers and internal support teams for resolving critical customer escalations on need basis.
- Work with management team on project planning activities – creating project plans/schedule, risk analysis and mitigation, etc. for the projects you are working on.
- PhD EE, PhD CS, PhD CE or related equivalent with 5 plus years of professional relevant experience or, MSCS, MSCE, MSEE or related equivalent with 8 plus years of professional relevant experience or BSCS, BSCE, BSEE or related equivalent with 12 plus years of professional relevant experience.
- Strong C++ programming skills are mandatory; knowledge of Matlab and Python would be an added advantage
- Experience with Embedded systems and Linux kernel/driver development for multi-processor heterogeneous systems is mandatory
- Understanding/Experience with Linux heterogeneous memory management, multi-processor synchronization and communication.
- Experience working on signal processing/communications solutions is highly desirable
- Experience working with Xilinx SoCs is highly desirable
- Experienced in VHDL/Verilog programming is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience creating internal and/or customer facing detailed documentation