At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world’s first 5G networks, we empower the world’s builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people’s lives.
The Business Planning & Analytics team in Marketing is looking for a Senior Business Analyst who is a very motivated, self-driven and flexible individual for this position interfacing with various levels of management.
The ideal candidate should have strong technical knowledge and experience as well as a solid understanding of business needs. We are looking for strategically-minded individuals who can proactively and independently find solutions to problems.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters – world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Key responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to, the following:
Develop information and analytics to further disclose meaningful patterns in data, and influence decisions through strong logic and intuition, driving to conclusion or decision
- Lead analytical projects that create value and insight to guide data-driven business decisions & operational improvement
- Work cross-functionally across several areas of the business, including Vertical Marketing, Product Marketing, Global Sales, Finance, Operations & IT
- Predictive & prescriptive modeling & analytics on sales pipeline data, revenue and margin
- Develop, maintain and enhance advanced models to create margin & long-range revenue forecasts
- Analyze market trend research, SAM/TAM, key analyst reports, etc. and integrate the external data into internal analysis
- Support various reporting infrastructure related projects as a key business owner and/or SME
- Support Marketing teams; ability to influence the customer with data and analytics allowing then to make the best business decision.
- Provide data and insights to Marketing teams via ad-hoc reports and dashboards. Write code and evolve reports to better support the business and their needs
- Support Marketing’s long-range strategic planning processes
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of the semiconductor market.
- Knowledge of revenue forecasting methodologies and an understanding of the sales lifecycle
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to implement analytical problem-solving techniques
- Excellent communication skills, ability to summarize complex, detailed data to present to executive level staff
- Strong data visualization skills that can clearly communicate results and insight from complex quantitative analysis in a clear, actionable manner
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to network with all levels of the organization; ability to yield influence through relationship building
- Ability to make difficult decisions
- Knowledge of financial processes (revenue recognition, costing, financial statement analysis, etc.) is helpful
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access); advanced skills in Excel are a must
- Experience with advanced analytics tools such as AWS Sagemaker, Python, Jupyter, SQL, R or related tools
- Experience with reporting BI tools such as OBIEE, Tableau, Oracle DVD, Hyperion, Essbase, Smartview, Answers, BI Publisher
- 3-5+ years’ experience in a business analytics position, semiconductor industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, MIS or a similar field.
- Strong preference given to MBA with coursework in business analytics (data science, statistics, programming) or graduate degree in an analytical field