***This position can be located in Longmont, CO OR San Jose, CA***
Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Xilinx is looking for a world class Senior Applications Engineer to help us build and support the next-generation, parallel programming environment for the newly announced Versal, the industry's first adaptive compute acceleration platform (ACAP). Versal devices combine processors, FPGA fabric and new AI engines to deliver powerful heterogeneous acceleration for any application.
As a senior member of the team, you will be responsible for driving the features, methodology and collateral around the software development flow for Versal, with a particular focus on the AI Engines, an array of VLIW SIMD high-performance processors optimized for compute-intensive applications like 5G cellular and machine learning DNN/CNN. You will be working in a broad area, collaborating with software development and marketing to help guide the development and support of compilers, debuggers and performance analysis tools. You will be working in a broad area helping guide the development and support of compilers, debuggers and performance analysis tools. You will also be working with customers and helping them with the successful adoption of the Versal and AI Engine development flow. You will get a chance to tackle cutting-edge problems supporting tools for heterogeneous multicore systems.
Your passion for advancing development tools and methodologies for heterogeneous computing will make the difference.
- Drive successful adoption of Xilinx AI Engine tool flows.
- Drive the evolution of tools and features related to the Xilinx AI Engine by collaborating with engineering and helping drive tool features.
- Drive best of class development flows and methodologies for the Xilinx AI Engine.
- Provide technical expertise to the field and customers, including creating training, tutorials, and user guides.
- Support high-profile engagements to success, including software programming, performance optimization, power analysis and lab debug.
- Create designs to demonstrate Xilinx's values on silicon, targeting Xilinx’s AI Engine.
- 5+ years of industry experience with SIMD/vector/DSP programming, optimization and debug techniques.
- Strong C/C++ programming and Python scripting skills.
- Solid understanding of machine architectures and micro-architectural performance considerations.
- Experience with parallel programming and data flow graphs.
- Experience with VLIW compilers and architectures is a plus.
- Experience with explaining and evangelizing advanced technical systems is a plus.
- Experience with DSP programming is a plus.
- Experience with FPGA design is a plus.
- Experience with Jupyter Notebooks is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentations skills, and the ability to work with multiple groups.
- BS/MS (Master's Degree preferred) in CS/EE with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience with SIMD/vector programming, optimization and debug techniques