Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
This position will be the part of global data center sales organization, located in Hangzhou, China. The strategic application engineer need provide pre and post sales technical support to our data center customers as the Xilinx expert. As a secondary job function, provide feedback to various product development teams to help define future product enhancements and evolution including IP cores, device architectures and software tools. Must be able to complete the following with minimal guidance:
Design Enablement (Tools/System/Practice)
- Exercises a solid understanding of how circuit blocks are architected, developed, integrated, and verified through testing to achieve specification-compliant deliverables (e.g., CAD modeling, RTL coding, circuit architectures, building circuit specifications, applying simulation techniques, implementing verification testing methods)
- Capable of mentoring junior engineers in the tips and tricks of tools used at Xilinx.
- Applies technical innovation in the use of standard design implementation tools and methods (system portioning).
- Adapts design implementation methods as required, cognizant of the challenges inherent in new technologies
- Works effectively with new tool sets and ensures that the right tools are selected for hardware design implementation.
- Capable of providing inputs to more senior team members on issues to improve the tools.
- Runs design models through EDA tools to anticipate and address implementation challenges prior to fabrication (i.e., 'pipe clean' tools)
- Demonstrates a broad understanding of process technology and circuit capability in implementing component design
- Exercises solid analytical problem solving in troubleshooting component designs (e.g., timing analysis, constraint setting)
- Works efficiently and with agility to implement designs (e.g., transistor design, RTL coding, synthesis, conversion, linear dimension work, integration, verification)
- Writes elegant, efficient code for devices or tools that avoid costly, overly complex solutions
- Holds peer reviews of designs or methodologies to accommodate corrections, changing requirements, or new features
- Accurately documents and effectively communicates the rational for a design to design implementation stakeholders (e.g., peers, Technical Solution Groups, management)
- Applies systematic version control and tracking procedures to maintain quality source code
- Coordinates with and manages external vendor deliverables
- Quickly recognizes customer issue and identifies where this lines up with Xilinx tools or devices
- Proposes work around to issue
- Works on Field Escalations
- Identifies CRs or knowledge gaps
- Able to reproduce complex issues
- Ability to handle and solve simple system level issues
Technical Communication and Training
- Can simplify more complex subjects and make them understandable. Can get points across to other groups, and understand their needs. Can prepare and present good presentations for technical audiences in their area of expertise.
- Can define and create well-received training materials for a limited portion of the toolset, for specific audiences upon request.
- Can author accurate documentation, proposals, and specs for their functional areas under guidance and review.
Qualification and Education Requirements