Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
We are looking for a Computer Engineer with CAD tools background to work on the FPGA software team. The successful candidate will be part of the FPGA implementation software (Device Modeling) team, working on solutions for device modeling and capture tools.
This team works on developing tools and workflows that are used to generate device models for Xilinx's products. With every new generation, design methodologies change and devices grow in size and complexity. We are constantly inventing new methodologies, strategies and algorithms in order to maximize silicon performance achievable by Vivado while keeping runtimes low.
- Responsible for developing methodologies to run in-house tools to generate FPGA device models
- Design, implementation, testing and integration of new tools to extend the device model generation toolset
- Apply RTL and netlist debug knowledge and use related tools to generate, debug and validate device models
- Provide project schedule estimates, progress updates and technical risk identification
- Develop design specifications based on project requirements
- Effectively communicate with collaborators in local and remote teams
- Complete device model generation tasks within allotted timelines
- Strong Perl, Python and C++ skills
- In-depth knowledge of System Verilog
- Strong digital design and computer architecture fundamentals
- Expertise with Yaml and XML data formats and parsers
- Expertise with Makefiles, and with debugging complex dependencies in large software systems
- Quick study - ability to assess problem statements in new areas
- Agile architect - build systems from bottoms up to address new problem statements with agility and attention to quality
- Organized and keen attention to detail
- Build and work in a cross-functional collaborative environment
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in computer engineering, computer science or electrical engineering.