Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
Job Summary :
This exciting position in the Xilinx IP Engineering group as the Senior Director responsible for Data Center Storage will provide the individual with an opportunity to demonstrate strong managerial and technical leadership across Engineering and influence the product roadmap by working closely with Marketing and Sales organizations. Join us in providing the market leading innovative storage acceleration solutions as we embark on our journey into the rapidly growing data center and storage segment
As a senior leader, you will work as part of a team responsible for all phases of product development including product definition and delivery. You are expected to participate in and lead many aspects of product definition, development and delivery. You will be working closely with the DC segment key architects across marketing and sales to influence the roadmap and priorities. You will also be interfacing with the customers that are planning, developing and deploying the Xilinx storage solutions
This position requires an individual to be creative, team-oriented, technology savvy, able to lead large cross-functional teams, comfortable and willing to directly work with customers on new product definition and driven to produce results.
A major part of your responsibility will be to participate in and take a lead role in all phases of the product development cycle from overall strategy definition, new product exploration, create roadmap, deliver to customers
- Evaluating emerging technologies and identifying the FPGA opportunities in the production of storage systems
- Working closely with Marketing and Customers, translating customer needs to technical solutions and roadmap
- Define new products and contribute to new architectures, setting up the product strategic direction
- Participating in and acting as a senior technical reviewer for various architecture and implementation reviews within the development organization
- Critically Review and provide feedback on the Design Implementations and Verification plans
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Proven leadership track record
- Ability to work collaboratively across organizational boundaries, strong influencing and leadership skills
- General understanding of storage software and its impact on HW architecture and design.
- Experience on developing emerging technologies like NVMe is a plus
- Detailed knowledge of PCIe and Ethernet is a plus
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Ability to develop longer-range project plans and schedules to complete complex projects or new product development
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers about existing and new product directions and technology
- Individual must work effectively with senior leaders in the company within the function, across functions and with external parties
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through leadership and influencing multiple individuals and groups.
- Contributes, explicitly or by example, to the standards and processes used by Xilinx or product development.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 15 years of experience is required.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical advice, leadership, and direction to more junior engineers.