DescriptionXilinx is the leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs and 3DICs. Xilinx's all-programmable devices are designed into tens of thousands of products that improve the quality of the everyday lives of billions of people worldwide. For over 30 years, Xilinx has been behind some of the greatest advancements in technology and science - from the industry's first fabless semiconductor model to the NASA Curiosity Mars Rover, to today's autonomous vehicles and hyperscale data centers. Xilinx uniquely enables applications that are both software-defined, yet hardware optimized - enabling smart, connected and differentiated applications across technology's biggest megatrends, including Machine Learning, 5G Wireless, Embedded Vision, Industrial IoT and Cloud Computing and more.
The Director Automotive Strategic and Customer Marketing Manager, will report to the Automotive Market Business Sr. Director.
The role is focused on Xilinx Automotive strategies and business development of the automotive business. Responsibilities associated with strategy include market research and analysis along with the Automotive Architectures team to understand future potential application targets for the Xilinx technologies, and develop longer term business growth plans.
This will also entail inbound marketing to get feedback from customers on Xilinx Automotive roadmaps, putting together market requirements and business cases, and negotiation with management and engineering to determine feasibility and ultimately drive new business opportunities. The business development aspect includes direct customer marketing to automotive Tier Ones electronics makers and OEM automakers worldwide, as well as supporting both Xilinx direct sales personnel and Distribution sales.
Development and delivery of sales training materials, outbound marketing content such as collateral and documentation for trade shows, web content, press releases, investor relations presentations, conference presentations and targeted presentations for various customer levels (technical and non-technical) is required. The ability to coordinate sales activities in a global automotive environment, negotiate terms, pricing and schedules both internally and with customers, and give insight into customers/projects for regular management report-outs.
The role includes working across several corporate organizational boundaries, including sales, customer service, business operations, finance, quality, and manufacturing operations. The role is crucial for the Xilinx automotive business in ensuring continued growth of automotive revenue and broadening Xilinx’s presence at the customers and in the media.
Detailed Position Responsibilities:
• New Product Definition & XA Product Planning
• Work with Xilinx future roadmap planning team, automotive architects and Xilinx R&D to determine features/functions needed in future silicon/development tools, development of presentation materials for use in vetting concepts with customers, driving customer feedback into the factory for market requirements documents
• Analysis of potential volume/revenue forecasts based on customer interest and Xilinx databases (bottoms-up), along with market research (top-down), and drive this information into mid/long-term forecasts and business plans
• Development of customer-based business cases for new products
• Work with engineering to determine silicon and software schedule for XA products
• Business Development/Customer Management
• Responsible for Sales/FAE/DISTI (field) training materials
• Development of targeted customer presentation materials
• Development of ecosystem to support Xilinx products and business development– both independent design houses, consultant, services providers, IP providers, and start-ups
• Competitive analysis: understand of SoC vendor pricing structures and strategies, global pricing, and market pricing forces. Ability to position Xilinx and differentiate itself from standard (FPGA) and non-standard competitors.
• Engagement of Tier One electronics and OEM automaker personnel with face-to-face meetings along with the Sales/FAE/DISTI teams
• Lead on all pricing negotiations with the customers and internally with the Business Operations and Sales teams
• Development of plans for top executive engagements with sales team for Tier One customers, and directly for OEM customers
• Plan with automotive architects and other relevant Xilinx teams a full automotive go-to-market strategy each fiscal year
• Trade Shows/Conferences/Press/Analysts
• Work with automotive architects and partners to bring compelling demonstrations of Xilinx Automotive technologies to various trade shows and conferences throughout the year
• Develop automotive-slant messaging with Corporate Communications and generate compelling press releases, collateral, demo stand design, signage and delivery of presentations for customers, press and analysts
• Development and delivery of presentations for automotive conferences
• Review (and sometimes delivery) of all Xilinx corporate PR announcements, marketing campaign material, and presentations for investor meetings for automotive relevance
• Develop automotive-specific marketing campaigns and press tours with Corporate Communications
· B.S. degree (M.S. Engineering and/or MBA preferred).
· Experience in semiconductor direct marketing to automotive Tier Ones and OEMs is required