Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
The Research Engineer will join Xilinx Research Labs working on an advanced development project for extending next generation Xilinx tools and architectures.
The main responsibility is the deployment of RapidWright, a new open source framework aimed at innovating back-end FPGA implementation tools. The candidate is expected to propose and develop innovative concepts independently.
Other responsibilities include:
- Working with various aspects of Xilinx CAD tools and architecture.
- Developing code in Java, Python, and C++.
- Corresponding with senior members of product teams to demonstrate benefits of the new framework.
- Working with large body of code in the product tools.
- Deploying functional prototypes for domain specific applications.
- Collaboration to identify the best interception points that facilitate the transfer of new software technology from prototypes to products with minimal disruption.
- Academic (or industry) correspondence to leverage open source community expertise.
- PhD degree in CS or EE with relevant course work or thesis topic. Master degrees with work experience in relevant areas is acceptable.
- Solid programming background in Java is required and experience with C++ and Python is highly desired.
- Solid understanding of general algorithms, graph theory and data structures.
- Experience in programming FPGA based platforms and understanding of FPGA architecture fundamentals.
- Exposure to HDL languages and Tcl scripting.
- Candidates should be innovative, self-motivated and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with system level understanding of FPGA applications is a big plus.
- Proficient in the rapid design, implementation, and testing of advanced algorithms and data structures that solve project requirements.