Xilinx is seeking a circuit design engineer who will be part of a design team focusing on development of analog and mixed-signal circuits to be used in the next generation of FPGA and programmable products. The position will focus on circuit designs to be used within Phase Locked Loops (PLLs). These PLLs are used for general purpose clocking as well as to support high speed memory controllers for DDRx.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Design custom analog, digital and mixed-signal CMOS circuits in advanced technology nodes taking into account process variations and secondary process effects.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of process technology and circuit capability in implementing circuit design
- Guide and review layouts of designed circuits
- Support silicon characterization by both, collecting data hands-on in the lab and by reviewing data gathered by product/test engineers using automated testers.
- Exercise solid analytical problem solving in troubleshooting design issues
- Work efficiently and with agility to implement designs using scripts and automation to speed the design process
- Hold peer reviews of designs or methodologies to accommodate corrections, changing requirements, or new features
- Accurately document and effectively communicate the rationale for a design
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with a minimum of 2 years of applicable work experience
Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with no experience required
- Experience or coursework in analog circuit design or custom digital circuit design
- Experience or coursework that included study of mask layout of circuits with attention to details that effect circuit performance, matching requirements and reliability.
- Experience or coursework project that used Hspice or any other Spice simulator
- Experience or coursework project that used CAD tools needed for circuit design such as schematic capture, layout editing, etc
- Demonstrable ability to write simple scripts in Perl, VBA or other scripting languages.
Desired qualifications/experience (preferred, but not required):
- Familiarity with circuits used in Phase Locked Loops (PLL)
- Experience in using laboratory equipment such as Oscilloscope, signal generators, Spectrum Analyzers, etc