Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
This opportunity is for an individual contributor/team lead who seeks career growth. It requires a solid knowledge of documentation design and delivery best practices and demonstrated success in project management and team leadership.
The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate a track-record of success, strength, and aptitude in the following areas:
- Demonstrated ability to write to effective technical writing standards
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines to successful completion
- Exert high degree of influence among all organizational levels and direct manager
- Effective negotiator; able to grasp impact and importance of stakeholder engagement
- Identify opportunities to improve departmental processes and procedures
- Demonstrate effective coaching skills to achieve successful outcomes
- Provide support to more junior writers to meet team objectives and goals
- Take a leading role in designing content and content delivery options
- Understands and promotes usability and product goals
- Partner with higher-level doc stakeholders and co-workers to develop and implement documentation and content strategies
- Promote team work and engagement among global writers and their managers
Experience and Qualifications
- BA in Technical Communication, English, Journalism or related field – OR -- university-issued credential in Technical Communication
- Eight or more years of experience in technical documentation; including supporting a major product, product suite or technology
- Experience with structured authoring/DITA adoption and implementation preferred
- Experience with setting and achieving individual and organizational goals
- Experience with defining and implementing strategic solutions
- Demonstrated passion for quality and accuracy in technical communications
- BA or University-Issued Certificate in Technical Communications, English, Journalism or related field + 8 years of relevant experience.