Xilinx is the leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs and 3DICs. Xilinx's all-programmable devices are designed into tens of thousands of products that improve the quality of the everyday lives of billions of people worldwide. For over 30 years, Xilinx has been behind some of the greatest advancements in technology and science - from the industry's first fabless semiconductor model to the NASA Curiosity Mars Rover, to today's autonomous vehicles and hyperscale data centers. Xilinx uniquely enables applications that are both software-defined, yet hardware optimized - enabling smart, connected and differentiated applications across technology's biggest megatrends, including Machine Learning, 5G Wireless, Embedded Vision, Industrial IoT and Cloud Computing and more.
If you are a passionate, innovative and an out-of-the-box thinker that enjoys challenging projects, Xilinx is the right place for you. Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative, and creative people to help deliver groundbreaking technologies that enable our customers to differentiate. Come do your best work and live your best life through collaboration, wellness and giving back to your community as a member of the ONEXILINX team.
We are looking for a talented, self-driven and motivated highly talented Senior RF engineer with a strong experience in design of analog/RF/high speed digital design boards to join the Board Development team in San Jose, Head office. You will be involved in the design of high performance, complex boards for some of the most advanced applications in 5G Wireless/IoT/AI/Machine Learning. You will have an opportunity to work in a positive environment where individual development goals are aligned with organizational goals in developing products for some of the life changing and futuristic applications.
• Responsible for HW design of board products using Xilinx RFSoC/MPSoC/FPGAs and other devices
• Responsible for providing the design guidelines for the layout engineers for the RF circuits, ADC/DACs and mixed signal circuits
• Responsible for all aspects of board design and documentation of designs
Education and Years of Experience Requirements: Minimum of a BS with 12+ years or MS with 8+ years or PhD with 5+ years
Education/Field Requirements: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related equivalent
- HW design experience in Analog, RF, Mixed signal circuits
- Excellent experience in characterizing and testing RF circuits, high speed analog circuits, ADC/DACs working in multi GHz region
- Expertise in noise isolation techniques for RF/Analog/Mixed signal boards containing RF circuits, ADC/DACs running at 6+ GHz, along with multi DDR4 buses
- Very good hands-on knowledge of Cadence Allegro design entry and OrCAD tools
- Excellent experience in bringup testing and design validation testing of RFSOC, MPSOC boards:
- Excellent experience in usage of high speed oscilloscopes, VNA, TDR, Spectrum Analyzers and other lab instruments
- Excellent analytical and debug skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills