Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
Staff Design Engineer
This exciting position in the Xilinx IP Engineering group as the PCIe IP lead designer will provide the individual with an opportunity to demonstrate strong technical leadership in Xilinx next generation data center IP solutions.
As a Staff Engineer you will work as part of a team responsible for product development and Validation group. Staff Design engineers are expected to participate in and lead all aspects of technical projects including:
Micro-Architecture development for individual IPs or IP subsystems, leading front-end IP development through Productization, working closely with Product leaders.
This position requires the individual to be creative, team-oriented, technology savvy, able to debug and provide solutions to challenging customer issues.
A major part of the responsibility will be to take a lead technical role in all phases of the product development cycle from architecture through implementation, prototyping, validation and support including:
- Participating in reviewing Micro-Architecture, design, documentation
- Participating in and acting as a senior technical reviewer for various architecture and implementation reviews within the development organization
- Defining work required to design, implement and validate designs. Identifies problems well in advance and proposes solutions
- As technical leader of a team, you will act as a technical adviser and resource to other engineers
- Critically Review and provide feedback on the Design Implementations
- Working with cross functional teams in reviewing and creating validation plans and ensure the product is delivered with high quality
- Detailed understanding and proven track record of developing leading edge standard and proprietary high speed interfaces like PCIe, Ethernet and DDR
- Strong Expertise in SytemVerilog, Verilog/VHDL and exposure to industry simulators
- Working Knowledge of AXI, APB protocols
- Expertise in IP design and Validation
- Thorough understanding of system design aspects and its impact on performance and throughput
- Experience in system level validation and debug of system solutions
- Familiarity with PCIe protocol debugging and using Protocol analyzers like Lecroy
- Individual must work effectively with Director and Senior Director level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties
- Contributes, explicitly or by example, to the standards and processes used by Xilinx or product development
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Ability to work collaboratively with other engineers and have strong influencing and leadership skills