Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
As a Xilinx Product Applications Engineer you will provide technical support for Xilinx SOC’s such as Zynq-7000 and Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC as well as the associated SDK, drivers and BSP’s. You will interface directly with customers, field engineers and factory engineering groups to rapidly resolve complex technical issues enabling customers to proceed with their design cycle.
Detailed Job Description / Responsibilities:
- Work directly with customers to debug and resolve issues related to Xilinx Products with significant revenue impact.
- Provide customers advice on alternative design techniques and the implementation of alternative solutions.
- Ability to work in a team environment in identifying customer problems and proposing appropriate solutions.
- Ability to work across different functional groups within Xilinx for discussing critical issues/escalations.
- Technically able to re-create customer debug scenario/test cases locally for further analysis.
- Be the voice of customer and provide information and feedback on a variety of Xilinx products to the appropriate teams.
- Generating Xilinx Customer facing documentations like Application notes, Reference Designs and Answer Records.
- Represent Xilinx Technically in Xilinx Community Forum boards.
- Participate in early product release meetings and provide critical inputs.
· Masters of Technology/Bachelor of Technology or equivalent in the field of Computer Science/Electronics/Electrical Engineering from a reputed university.
2-3 years of Industry Experience in Embedded Application Engineering or equivalent.
Technical Skills Required:
· Basic understanding of Embedded Sofware - Device Drivers, BSPs, Software Libraries, C/C++ application development.
· Understanding of Zynq/Zynq MPSoC (ARM) /Microblaze Architecture, Booting and Embedded Design Flow including Software flow with Xilinx SDK.
· Hands-on to debug Software with Xilinx SDK, Compiler Toolchain, Debuggers.
· Accustomed with Basics of AMBA AXI Infrastructure.
· Basic understanding of Xilinx FPGA/SoC Design Tools and Flow (Vivado, XPS).
· Knowledge of common Embedded Protocols like I2C, UART, SPI, QSPI etc.
Ability to communicate technical information in an organized and understandable fashion
- Customer oriented approach with a demonstrated concern and desire to work with and assist customers
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and track many activities
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills