Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, programmable SoCs and the ACAP, designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable adaptable, intelligent computing.
If you are a passionate, innovative and an out-of-the-box thinker that enjoys challenging projects, Xilinx is the right place for you. Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help deliver groundbreaking technologies that build an adaptable intelligent world. Come do your best work and live your best life through collaboration, wellness and giving back to your community as a member of the ONEXILINX team.
Xilinx is looking for a software engineer who is passionate about user experience to own the development and maintenance of documentation portal tools, including Xilinx Documentation Navigator. These tools provide users access to Xilinx technical user documentation as well as search and navigation within that documentation. This position is part of the Technical Documentation and Localization group, and it offers opportunities for creativity, ownership, and innovation as well as opportunities to significantly impact the Xilinx user experience. Successful candidates will be independent, motivated, and focused on user experience. Cross-functional collaboration and communication skills are key competencies. The ability to translate business needs into technical requirements and user-friendly tools is essential.
This position is responsible for all the phases of software development, including requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing, and final release to customers.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain standalone Xilinx Documentation Navigator desktop application, which facilitates documentation navigation, access, and search.
- Work with cross-functional colleagues to identify user improvements in documentation navigation, access, and search in standalone and web-based environments.
- Create innovative, user-friendly solutions to user documentation access challenges.
- Provide clear and timely communication related to status and other key aspects of the project to leadership and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Work with management team on project planning– creating project plans/schedule, risk analysis and mitigation, etc.
- Experience delivering C++ applications in Windows and Linux.
Experience with GUI development using a graphical toolkit.
- Desired: Experience with Qt development framework including QtWebKit
- Desired: Experience with web content management system & search tools (Adobe Experience Management, Coveo Search).
- Desired: Data analytics
- Strong decision-making skills and judgment.
- Hands-on, self-starter who makes and follows through on commitments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.