Software Applications Engineer - RF Validation Software
The Analog Mixed Signal team design RF- ADCs and RF- DACs which are integrated into FPGA devices both monolithically and with 3D technology. These devices are used in a variety of applications such as cable head-end, wireless communications and medical imaging. At Xilinx, the successful candidate will support application software development in RF laboratory environment targeting qualification and deployment of these products in customers systems.
- Software programming skills in order to enable GUI, Hardware drivers and measurement device automation
- Familiar with NI LabVIEW / NI TestStand programming or willing to learn.
- Comfortable on scripting (Python, LUA, TCL) and Linux knowledge are highly desirable
- Experience in embedded software systems is welcome
- Use of MatLab and SimuLink will be a plus
- Knowledge of automated test equipment design and architecture
- Experience in the lab characterizing and debugging RF components and systems is welcome
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong problem solving skills
Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
· 2 years related working experience in engineering from the graduation level or equivalent experience
· Basic level of data converters and DSP is not essential but would be advantageous.
· Experience of software version control systems e.g. svn
· Understanding of low level drivers