Xilinx is the leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs and 3DICs. Xilinx's all-programmable devices are designed into tens of thousands of products that improve the quality of the everyday lives of billions of people worldwide. For over 30 years, Xilinx has been behind some of the greatest advancements in technology and science - from the industry's first fabless semiconductor model to the NASA Curiosity Mars Rover, to today's autonomous vehicles and hyperscale data centers. Xilinx uniquely enables applications that are both software-defined, yet hardware optimized - enabling smart, connected and differentiated applications across technology's biggest megatrends, including Machine Learning, 5G Wireless, Embedded Vision, Industrial IoT and Cloud Computing and more.
If you are a passionate, innovative and an out-of-the-box thinker that enjoys challenging projects, Xilinx is the right place for you. Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative, and creative people to help deliver groundbreaking technologies that enable our customers to differentiate. Come do your best work and live your best life through collaboration, wellness and giving back to your community as a member of the ONEXILINX team.
The Senior Client Services Systems Administrator specializes in:
- Microsoft 365 (M365) servicing models and deployment. Specifically, experienced in all branches of Windows 10 Enterprise and Office ProPlus servicing models and deployment.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft eco-system surrounding the above (e.g. Microsoft OMS EMS, SCCM, etc.)
- Client / End-point optimization, automation; drives for standardization
With good breadth of:
- Strong ability to script. Proven examples of workflow automation.
- Understanding user productivity workflows from different business units (Sales, Finance, Engineering, etc.). Experience in communications between cross-functional teams and heads of units.
- Broad understanding of enterprise architecture as it relates to how it manifests into behaviors on the endpoint (AD, LDAP, ERP, etc.) The Systems Admin also partners with internal IT units, and has broad understanding of Information Security, Business Applications, Enterprise Systems and Servers, Security Operations, and Global Networks.
- Experience in managing vendors and contracts, and tactical financial operations (maintaining basic budgets, ensuring orders and invoices are on-time)
- Striking a balance between technical leadership and people leadership in real-world production environments and projects
- Ability to manage end-user / end-point perceived issues stemming from complex infrastructure challenges through management of the user expectation and cross-functional teams.
- Understanding end-point security solutions and tools to monitor and secure Xilinx IP. Desired experience in client security solutions (McAfee, Defender, etc.)
- Documentation, governance, metrics, and general PowerPoint flow and craftsmanship
- Staying abreast of the latest on-premise, cloud, and hybrid productivity solutions for end-users, ranging from small to mid/large enterprise solutions. Has attended conferences, peer connect events, etc. to learn “what’s around the bend” and to present back to management relevant content.
Nice to haves:
- Business process notation / diagrams (Visio or BPMN) skillsets and they are important in a mature IT organization
- Demonstrated project management experience – having delivered a project from concept through implementation gates. Understanding of why projects or deadlines are missed.
- Experience with building laboratory or dev / UAT environments on any scale
- Experience with ServiceNow or equivalent Service Portal solution. Desired is systems admin experience with similar.
- Experience with Shift Left methodologies
- Experience with Tech Lounge or Genius Bar implementations
The System Admin is also able to demonstrate the ability to perform a broad variety of systems administration duties including, but not limited to, Endpoint Management.
Expected to be able to:
- Demonstrate up-to-date industry knowledge of recent IT trends
- Detail prior projects or engagements that show they have provided advice and guidance to others during the execution of those engagements
- Demonstrate they are able to translate align customer needs back to larger IT Goals
- Demonstrate they can create and maintain a communication process to keep customer relationships and expectations healthy and positive
- Demonstrate how they’re staying current in this quickly evolving cloud-based IT Landscape – also can demonstrate industry wide challenges
- Demonstrate they have effective written communication skills, i.e. emails, newsletters, PPT presentations, meeting minutes
- Demonstrate ability to increase adoption and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate the ability to negotiate the expectations of multiple key stakeholders (i.e. UX teams and Security Teams)
Top Skills, Specific Technical
- Endpoint management experience (Microsoft SCCM/Intune/EMS, LANDesk, Kace, etc.)
- M365 (Windows 10, Office, highly desired EMS)
- Problem solving methodologies, Scientific Method
- Understanding of VDI to confront complex legacy business applications
- Intermediate Scripting Capabilities
- Understanding of Mobile Device Management solutions and policies, as well as issues surrounding these services
Top Skills, General
- Communication, Interpersonal, ability to be nuanced and influential. Not afraid to confront difficult situations / individuals
- Communication, both broad and focused technical conversations
- Customer Service Management, Strong Relationship building skills, Build Rapport
- Vendor Management
- Perform root-cause analysis
Experience and Education
- College Degree, not necessarily in IT Field, but preferred
- Recent MCSA or MCSE preferred
- Recent attendance of major technology conferences
- Experience with cloud migration projects in some piece of the larger project, either as tech lead, major player, or PM
- References required