Xilinx is the leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs and 3DICs. Xilinx's all-programmable devices are designed into tens of thousands of products that improve the quality of the everyday lives of billions of people worldwide. For over 30 years, Xilinx has been behind some of the greatest advancements in technology and science - from the industry's first fabless semiconductor model to the NASA Curiosity Mars Rover, to today's autonomous vehicles and hyperscale data centers. Xilinx uniquely enables applications that are both software-defined, yet hardware optimized - enabling smart, connected and differentiated applications across technology's biggest megatrends, including Machine Learning, 5G Wireless, Embedded Vision, Industrial IoT and Cloud Computing and more.
If you are a passionate, innovative and an out-of-the-box thinker that enjoys challenging projects, Xilinx is the right place for you. Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative, and creative people to help deliver groundbreaking technologies that enable our customers to differentiate. Come do your best work and live your best life through collaboration, wellness and giving back to your community as a member of the ONEXILINX team.
This Xilinx Senior Field Applications Engineer will be responsible for Xilinx focus accounts in the Boston area.
The Sr. FAE is responsible for all pre sales and post sales technical interaction with Xilinx customers and Xilinx factory experts to maximize Xilinx presence in our customers systems.
- Provide deep technical support to customers in their selection and use of Xilinx development tools, silicon and IP products that ensure success
- Provide technical leadership and guidance that focuses on design win strategies for all customer opportunities
- Analyze customer needs, and compare and contrast Xilinx and competitive solutions in order to maximize the customers use of Xilinx products
- Collaborate with field and factory resources to develop and deliver technical proposals to customer project managers, engineering managers, system architects and design engineers
- Code and implement circuits to demonstrate efficient use of Xilinx technology and competitive advantages to secure design wins
- Technical solution creation(eg: hardware, software demos, example designs)
- Guide customers through their design process
- Provide onsite support, and solve real time problems including software tool issues, RTL and simulation assistance, HW lab debug, embedded system bring up.
- Use factory supplied presentation and demonstration material to craft and deliver presentations and demos on Xilinx products, tools, and methodologies that align with customers’ needs
- Provide regular feedback to Xilinx management and factory experts on the needs of the customer base
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of industry experience with FPGA-based architecture definition, design, and support (High Speed Serial IO, Embedded Processor, or DSP knowledge a plus)
- Fundamental experience with EDA tools for FPGA and/or ASIC designs. Experience with Vivado, ISE or Quartus required (ModelSim is a plus)
- Knowledge of Embedded Processor design tools such as Xilinx’s IP Integrator, SDK and EDK tools, or Eclipse based software development environment is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of VHDL or Verilog design for ASIC and FPGA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentations skills, and the ability to work with multiple groups