Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
Application Engineer – Software/Hardware Acceleration
Xilinx is looking for a strong candidate to join the Global Sales team as an Applications Engineer focused on Software/Hardware Acceleration. This is a Technical Sales customer-facing position. The engineer will support customers in both pre-sales and post-sales engagements in applying Xilinx’s All Programmable Technologies to accelerate their applications, achieving superior power and performance characteristics over alternative approaches.
- Contribute to development of reference designs or proof-of-concept demos in order to articulate Xilinx advantages and present Xilinx solutions to customers
- Work closely with Xilinx Sales and FAEs to drive Design Wins
- Build and customize hardware/software platforms for customer Acceleration applications
- Train and support customers in applying Xilinx Acceleration platforms, tools and methodologies to their products
- Help train the Xilinx Field organization to broadly scale knowledge and skills in Acceleration tools and methodologies
- Provide customer technical requirements and feedback to the Xilinx factory on Acceleration-related products
- Occasional travel to customer sites required
BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
Years of Experience
Minimum 5 years of experience in development or applications engineering
- Strong programming experience with C/C++/OpenCL
- Ability to analyze, partition and develop complex systems in software
- Understanding of hardware and system architecture; experience in hardware design flows
- Experience with software development tools and methodologies in developing system level solutions on CPU, GPGPU, DSP or FPGA platforms is a plus
- Experience in Machine Learning, including use of frameworks such as Caffe or TensorFlow is a plus
- Experience with FPGA design flows is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentations skills, and the ability to work with multiple groups.