Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. Our All Programmable devices underpin today's most advanced electronics. Among the broad range of end markets we serve are :
· High Performance Computing
· Industrial / Scientific / Medical (ISM)
As a Xilinx Product Applications Engineer you will provide technical support for Xilinx SOC’s such as Zynq-7000 and Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC as well as the associated SDK, drivers and BSP’s. You will interface directly with customers, field engineers and factory engineering groups to rapidly resolve complex technical issues enabling customers to proceed with their design cycle.
Detailed Job Description / Responsibilities:
- Work directly with customers to debug and resolve challenging and critical issues related to Xilinx Products with significant revenue impact.
- Provide customers advice on alternative design techniques and the implementation of alternative solutions.
- Working on specific tactical projects for key design programs and be the single point of contact for all customer issues.
- Ability to work in a team environment in identifying customer problems and proposing appropriate solutions.
- Ability to work across different functional groups within Xilinx for discussing critical issues/escalations.
- Technically able to re-create customer debug scenario/test cases locally for further analysis.
- Be the voice of customer and provide information and feedback on a variety of Xilinx products to the appropriate teams.
- Generating Xilinx Customer facing documentations like Application notes, Reference Designs and Answer Records.
- Represent Xilinx Technically as a Moderator for Xilinx Community Forum boards.
- Coaching customers on design techniques and methodology adoption.
- Resolving customer escalations and tactical software patch requests.
- Participate in early product release meetings and provide critical inputs.
· Masters of Technology/Bachelor of Technology or equivalent in the field of Computer Science/Electronics/Electrical Engineering from a reputed university.
6-7 years of Industry Experience in Embedded Application Engineering or equivalent.
Technical Skills Required:
- Deep understanding of Embedded Sofware - Device Drivers, BSPs, Software Libraries, C/C++ application development.
- Understanding of Zynq/Zynq MPSoC (ARM) /Microblaze Architecture, Booting and Embedded Design Flow including Software flow with Xilinx SDK.
- Good knowledge of Networking Protocols, USB, SATA and has application level expertise in these areas.
- Hands-on to debug Software with Xilinx SDK, Compiler Toolchain, Debuggers.
- Accustomed with Basics of AMBA AXI Infrastructure.
- Basic understanding of Xilinx FPGA/SoC Design Tools and Flow (Vivado, XPS).
- Knowledge of DRAM Technologies – DDR3/DDR4/LPDDR4 and usage in Embedded Systems.
- Working knowledge of Linux OS, Bootloaders (U-boot), Hypervisors, Emulators (QEMU)
- Knowledge of common Embedded Protocols like I2C, UART, SPI, QSPI etc.
- Ability to communicate technical information in an organized and understandable fashion
- Customer oriented approach with a demonstrated concern and desire to work with and assist customers
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and track many activities
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills