Xilinx is looking for an innovative and talented Senior Software Engineer to work on exciting opportunities in the Systems Software team at the Xilinx headquarters in San Jose. You will be involved in developing Linux solutions, with heterogeneous processor systems, work with open source virtualization solutions (Containers, VMs, and processor virtual platforms to support Xilinx Multi-processor environment. In this capacity, you will be directly involved in the productization of these embedded software solutions for current and next-generation silicon products, working with a global team of engineers. You will work across all aspects of system software development, upstreaming, test & verification and integration of embedded software running on our SoCs.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in one or more of the following:
· C / C++ programming
· Prior experience delivering on Linux kernel, System Software or Embedded software
· Have worked with processor virtual platforms (e.g. QEMU) previously
· Multi-processor environment & deep processor architecture experience
· Knowledge of and experience with Containers, Virtual Machines
· Knowledge of Virtualization Technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, OCI)
· Understanding and experience with Hypervisors (Xen, KVM)
· Intrinsic knowledge about Open Source Linux kernel development & Linux internals
· Previous experience with developing embedded software solutions
· Experience with using GIT
In addition, the ideal candidate will have good oral and written communication skills, be a team player, be willing to take on new challenges, have an open mind and be willing to contribute to the success of every project.
· BS in CE/CS with 5 -6 years of experience OR
· MS in CE/CS with 4-5 years of experience