Xilinx is the leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs and 3DICs. Xilinx's all-programmable devices are designed into tens of thousands of products that improve the quality of the everyday lives of billions of people worldwide. For over 30 years, Xilinx has been behind some of the greatest advancements in technology and science - from the industry's first fabless semiconductor model to the NASA Curiosity Mars Rover, to today's autonomous vehicles and hyperscale data centers. Xilinx uniquely enables applications that are both software-defined, yet hardware optimized - enabling smart, connected and differentiated applications across technology's biggest megatrends, including Machine Learning, 5G Wireless, Embedded Vision, Industrial IoT and Cloud Computing and more.
If you are a passionate, innovative and an out-of-the-box thinker that enjoys challenging projects, Xilinx is the right place for you. Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative, and creative people to help deliver groundbreaking technologies that enable our customers to differentiate. Come do your best work and live your best life through collaboration, wellness and giving back to your community as a member of the ONEXILINX team.
The Xilinx DSP FAE will be responsible for Xilinx design customers within North America. Some travel is required. The preferred location for the applicant is along the Southeast portion of the US (from Florida to as far North as NJ/Long Island), and should have access to an airport within a reasonable distance. The Specialist FAE is responsible for DSP related technical interaction with Xilinx customers and Xilinx factory experts to maximize Xilinx presence in our customers systems.
- Provide deep technical expertise for diverse applications such as RADAR, EW, communications, motor control, etc.
- Provide deep technical support and training to customers in their selection and use of Xilinx DSP development tools, silicon and IP products that ensure success
- Examples include Sysgen, SDSoC, HLS, Model Composer, etc.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance that focuses on design win strategies for key customer opportunities
- Analyze customer needs, and compare and contrast Xilinx and competitive solutions in order to maximize the customers' use of Xilinx products
- Collaborate with field and factory resources to develop and deliver technical proposals to customer project managers, engineering managers, system architects and design engineers
- Code and implement convincing proof of concept DSP designs to demonstrate efficient use of Xilinx technology and competitive advantages to secure design wins
- Create new or using existing presentation and demonstration material to craft and deliver presentations and demos on Xilinx products, tools, and methodologies that align with customers needs
- Provide regular feedback to Xilinx management and factory experts on the needs of the customer base
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience with DSP based architecture definition, design, and support (DSP within FPGA silicon design knowledge is a plus)
- In depth knowledge of EDA tools for DSP designs - i.e Matlab, Simulink, etc.
- Understanding of Vivado is a plus
- In depth knowledge of DSP design – examples include polyphase signal processing techniques, FIR, FFT, DUC, DDC, DPD, CFR, matrix math, etc.
- In depth knowledge of Xilinx tools is a plus - i.e. Vivado, Sysgen, SDK, etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of VHDL or Verilog design for ASIC and FPGA is a plus
- Experience with C or C++ required
- TCL, OpenCL and/or Python experience is a plus
- Fundamental knowledge of Machine Learning, DNN, CNN is a plus
- Embedded processor knowledge is a plus
- Technical knowledge of GPU and CPU architectures and tradeoffs
- Understanding of both hardware and software development process for FPGA-based SoC
- Familiar with ARM architecture, instruction set, and AXI specifications
- Knowledge of RADAR, EW, or communications markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentations skills, and the ability to work with multiple groups
- Willingness to learn, research, and engage in areas where applicant is not familiar